[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - atkins diet anyone@

atkins diet anyone@

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

atkins diet anyone@

Postby animalhouse » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:58 pm

well i know last week it was gluten free/lactose free - this week i am trying atkinsish for weight loss instead of ibs needs.

but tonight i feel so full and bloated adn only had a bit of salad lettuce leaves and some prawn cocktail about 6ish.

the only trouble is i am away so have not been able to have lacto free dairy products or gluten free so don;t know if it is taht or the full feeling from eating alot of dairy products for proten as well as meat.

just feel so full ...... :crazy:

think i have lsot some weight as was getting dangerously heavy and weight more than any of my pregnancies. fed up of thinking about body parts/mee all the time - i am a full time job wondering which part is in most discomfort at this time.

would like to get on with life wihtout having to talk about me and my ailments all the tiime. feel like i need to go for a long walk but cants and its dark outside. have taken sleeping pills but feel wired.

take care guys. cant face another piece of bacon
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Re: atkins diet anyone@

Postby shazq » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi
I have never tried the atkins diet but :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

atkins diet anyone@

Postby Mozza » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:12 pm

Atkins is the only diet that has ever worked for me if i do it right. Half a stone in six weeks the last time and have managed to keep it off. Plus my ibs doesn't flare up as much on it. xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby jbee » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:01 pm

I have never tried the atkins diet,I did the cambridge diet and lost 6 stone in 6 months,if you have the will power to start this diet it works without you feeling hungry,and the price is good too. :-D
jbee
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:25 am

I have tried Atkins and it works well initially, then the weight creeps back on. I find it too restrictived because I enjoy carbs too much.

I much prefer slimming world where I can go for a meat day (red) or a carb day (green) or an extra easy day (orange) which is a mix of the two.

I subscribed to online Slimming World last Sunday as I just don't 'do' the classes, I find our local consultant a bit too full of herself to be honest.

It's going well so far.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:28 am

ok today i caved and had a creme egg adn a ready meal curry. :nono:

we have been eating out all wekk as been away and it was getting so hard to find things to eat at mealtimes, never mind snack.

have been good and survived on 2 meals a day breaky iin hotel and an even meal which i have about 5/6ish as don;t like to eat late anyway.

today got home, had to unpack adn clean house as had been having a boiilet fitted whilst away and bathroom dusty so could not muster anything better for dinner unless our ususal cheat of cooked chicken and salad but didn;t want to go out again, so ready meal curry.

will treat this as day off and start again tomorrow as found have not missed choc actually just need to be organised and get back on my lacto free stuff and get some meals sorted.
had a lovely few days away but nice to be back home.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Weight Issues