Still no word of medical after 6 weeks.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Still no word of medical after 6 weeks.

Postby oorwullie » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi all, still waiting to be called for a medical more than 6 weeks after sending in my ESA50 and additional evidence to renew my ESA. I haven't heard a thing from them. Had a missed call from an unknown number today, does anyone know if ATOS contact people on Sunday's?
oorwullie
UKFM Member

Re: Still no word of medical after 6 weeks.

Postby bekwey » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi there! I was wondering if they had lost my form, which they have before, :-? but the cynical side of me says that they are trying to find chinks in our armour :) I believe though that they are very busy trying to get everyone who is unable back to work :roll:
bekwey
UKFM Member

Postby oorwullie » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Yeah they seem to be good at losing things, when it suits them anyway. Conveniently it always seems to be evidence you have sent them regarding your claim or letters of complaint. :roll: I should really contact them but I want as little to do with them as possible as you generally end up getting a muppet on the other end of the phone.
oorwullie
UKFM Member

Postby Fine » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Don't worry they are really behind my ES50 went of in January, I got my phone call a week ago for my medical, thats next week.
Fine
UKFM Newbie

Postby Ldyalb » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:15 am

They are behind. I applied mid October, medical was the last Saturday of January.

Not sure if they ring on a Sunday, I can't imagine they'd ring on Easter Sunday though. I got my phonecalls about 6-7pm on weekdays. I think because of my age they were ringing a bit later in the hope to catch me out by ringing at a time I might be out for tea, or with a friend, at the pictures etc :-x

It also varies depending on where you live; some areas are further behind than others.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Ldyalb » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:17 am

ps: I would be inclined not to chase. They have to pay you the assessment rate until the medical. My medical was 2 weeks later than it should have been (week 15 instead of week 13) and when I passed it they had to back pay me the WRAG component from week 13.

So even if you did eventually pass your medical later than it should have been they'll have to pay you the extra money back to the week you should have had it. If you don't pass it, and have to appeal, then it being late guarantees you several weeks more money, and your NI stamps paid. Once you appeal you can still claim the assessment rate, but they won't pay your NI contributions for you anymore.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby oorwullie » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi Ldyalb, i'm already on ESA at the moment in the WRAG. So this is a review medical, normally they are very quick in getting you in for a medical here. Last year they phoned me within a couple of days of receiving my ESA50 form and I was in for a medical a week later. Hoping I won't have to go for a medical with all the additional evidence I sent but probably more chance of winning the Euromillions. :-)
oorwullie
UKFM Member

Postby bumblebee57 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi. yes they do "lose" things conveniently to them. I sent important info to them and they denied all knowledge of receiving it. I challenged them and asked for copies of ALL correspondence between me and them, within the last few months, including telephone calls.On receipt of these....oh look, theres my letter in question,stamped as received by them, the VERY NEXT DAY after Id sent it. But they didnt act on it and update my records. It was even verbally denied, that they had received it, on the CD transcript of phone calls. But they still turned it round on me and said I had to resend the info.When I did, they said Id only just informed them, and it wasnt within the specified time of one month to give info requested !! Theyre UNBELIEVABLE. But theyre quick and efficient enough when it comes to YOU having to pay back an "overpayment". I really do despair......
Good luck tho.
bumblebee57
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:03 pm

When i first started to claim they *lost* everything :-?

Even went without money for 4weeks as they said they didnt have a form they asked me to fill out which also had all my tenancy agreement attached to it :yikes:

I called every day and it was *not here* and that we will *send u another form* grrrr....

Eventually and all of a sudden (as i had kicked off sayin my tenancy agreement was with it and i need it back asap!) they found it would you believe within half an hour of the phone call!!!!!! (4weeks later)

Funny thing was when i got my tenancy agreement back the DWP had date stamped it THE DAY AFTER I SENT IT IN ALL THOSE WEEKS BACK!! :banghead:

So lesson learnt... every bit of paper work i send for the DWP goes recorded or special delivery cause that way they have no excuses!! :tongueout:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits