I don't want your Sympathy

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I don't want your Sympathy

Postby Azz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Just a little something I wrote after being told for the 100th time that I look normal, or I was limping on the other leg yesterday :roll:

As a Fibromyalgia sufferer I do not want your sympathy, I just want you to understand who I am because I may forget.

Yesterday I may have been limping, today I may be skipping, tomorrow I may be having a sofa day.

Yesterday I may have been on top of the world, today I may want to stay in doors, tomorrow I may not be able to get out of bed.

Although my pain is all over, yesterday my leg may have been hurting more than my arm, today its my head, tomorrow it may be my back.

Yesterday I was able to make a three course meal, today its a frozen meal, tomorrow its Jam and bread.

Yesterday I climbed a mountain, today I may manage a mile , tomorrow I may manage a smile.

Yesterday I may have been engaging in great conversation, today I may forget my words, tomorrow I may have forgotten we spoke.

It's not easy living with Fibromyalgia, even harder when others do not understand you!!

by Hannah Hill
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Re: I don't want your Sympathy

Postby jax0979 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:02 pm

Brilliant, think i might copy that and stick it on my back every morning when i get up.... People just dont get it. xxxxxx :-D
jax0979
UKFM Member

Postby laurah » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:12 pm

Absolutely love this, started laughing but it hurts my ribs too much :lol:
laurah
UKFM Member

Postby mali73xx » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:23 pm

i mite have to re write this and use it as a giant badge its perfect to describe how we feel ...at the weekend i finally found out that my own brother doesnt think theres anything wrong with me and that hurts like hell and makes me wonder about how many more dont believe me ..but that has made me smile 2day thank you xx :-D
mali73xx
UKFM Newbie

Postby mali73xx » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Hannah i have reposted this in another forum and have made sure they knew it was written by u as its that good i would hate for any1 to think i was trying to steal it for my own i am also debating on wether to post it on my fb page ..again u will b credited with the writing i have never seen something written that describes how i feel so perfectly thank u for the smile i now have xxx :-D
mali73xx
UKFM Newbie

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:03 pm

I have cipied n pasted it to my facebook page, very true poem x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby Salsa1970 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:07 pm

I have copied and pasted this on my my facebook mentioning you wrote it. It's superb Hannah. Thanks :-D
Salsa1970
UKFM Member

Postby bumblebee57 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Well done Hannah, thats a perfect description of how it is. I think we should all print this up and take it to our assessments/appeals/tribunals.Im guna put it on my fb as well, if thats ok. The more people that are made aware of this life and soul destroying illness, the better. Lets hear it for Hannah....yehhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!X
bumblebee57
UKFM Member

Postby trafficklights » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Gave me goose bumps and a tear in my eye.
Thankyou so much for that you made my day and I think everyone else' who read it.
trafficklights
UKFM Member

Postby miller » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:32 pm

excellant, i am going to get the family to read it and hope they have a little more understanding. Very well said xx :-)
miller
UKFM Member

Postby lala1626 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:57 pm

that is exactly what i always want to say but never do, rounded up in perfect form!!
its great and soooo true people just dont understand .
i wish i could give it to different people for a day so they can see how difficult it is....(wishful thinking! :cry: )
anyway well done!!!
xxxx
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby Azz » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Thank you all for lovely comments, :grouphug: I am so glad you found it helpful. I am happy for you to share with others, May is Fibromyalgia awareness month so lets get ready for making others aware of our pain.
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby Sazzle » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Think need to get that printed on business cards and hand them out to my colleagues. Save me constantly having to explain why one day I am full of energy and another day have my funky walking stick and have trouble remembering their names.
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Postby spencebel » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:52 am

Thankyou , and well done.
spencebel
UKFM Member

Return to Your writings, poems etc.