INCAPACITY BENEFIT

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

INCAPACITY BENEFIT

Postby rosehip » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:48 am

i have been on incapacity benafits for about 6 years now with anxiety and depression . now i have fibro do i niform them of it and if yes who do i phone . thakyou helpneeded xxx :mrgreen:
rosehip
UKFM Member

Re: INCAPACITY BENEFIT

Postby claralou25 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:11 am

Hi Rosehip. Without looking at the rules, as to what, u have to notify them of. I personally would wait until they send u a review form! I tend to get one every 12 to 18 months. With all the peeps been thrown of sickness benefits, an been refused DLA! I personally wouldn't want to rock my own boat. Lol.x
Having said this, I will try an find the notes, as to the changes u must report an get back to u with a factual answer. Wishing u well!Xx
claralou25
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:28 am

I think you will have to decide yourself as its (saying goes) rock & hard place...

They do stress that you inform them of any changes in circumstances BUT do you wanna rock the boat now? As other poster suggested maybe waiting until your review date comes by??

Its like me with the DLA...

My mobility is more severely restricted and i have a note by my GP that states i cannot walk any distance without severe pain YET im only on LRM and thats for my anxiety!!

I darnt call up for change of circumstances as they may not change my reward to HRM and may even (knowin my s*** luck) lower/ take away my rewards as there cuttin down on claims etc...

Risk im not gonna take! its up for renewal next year so will hover on what i have
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby claralou25 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:52 am

Hi hun, I thought I had already posted this! But is not showing on my phone! Arrgghh Lol.x
I had a look on dwp site, that say's, the only changes u MUST tell them about is..
1, if start work or training.
2,change of address
3, If u have been in hospital for 52 weeks or more.
Then in the information part, it say's.......
U will be sent a review, this will give u a chance to tell them if ur condition has worsened. U can continue to claim incapacity providing, u still meet the requirements.

I have been unwell 5 years, unable to walk properly for 3 year. I finally put in for DLA in nov last year. I'm now awaiting appeal, as everything I put in my forms, I couldn't do, they have refused me on. It's like they didn't even read it, an it took me months to fill in.x
Wishing u all well.x
claralou25
UKFM Member

INCAPACITY BENEFIT

Postby Mozza » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi i'm hoping someone can help with my query. I receive high rate mobility and medium care, i have also a blue badge. Te place i used to work have asked me if i would go back as a sessional worker for just ten hours per week doing a little admin. my blue badge allows me to park right outside the door and there is no strenuous work involved. It will be mainly inputting data. My health has not changed since getting the dla but will it be affected if i take the job? Thanks xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:04 pm

It should only be affected IF the work you does implies that you do not have the level of care or mobility needs for your awards. So for example if you were walking a lot in the job then it might be a problem.

however, if just for two hours a day for example (spread the 10 hours over 5 days) then in theory it should be ok. I would advise you to seek advice first though from somewhere like the CAB, Remploy etc.

As it's only a temp job it's best to find out if doing it would be likely to affect your benefits. I imagine you'd have to demonstrate clearly that the job doesn't contravene what's on the DLA form. For example if it is 2 hours a day and you can do it between the hours you need help in the day for things like washing, making a meal, getting dressed etc then that should in theory be fine. Wrt mobility, if it's a job which involves sitting down mostly, near to any filing cabinets etc you may need to use, and you have access to a disabled parking space then in theory that should also be fine.

Just be prepared to demonstrate how it's compatible with what's on your DLA form, in case you get asked to give detailed info.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

INCAPACITY BENEFIT

Postby Mozza » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Thanks for your reply, it is basically two hours sitting and getting a hand in and out the office. Can but try. You seem to be damned if you do and damned if you don't with these people. xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:58 am

itsa mindfield isnt it.

but if you are inputting for 2 hours and have care needs may this be questioned as you are using your hands = think carefully as a small amount of freedom can be turned around to be to dwp advantage.

not juding you myself just think of all the angles.

:-) :-) :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits