weight loss not gain!

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

weight loss not gain!

Postby traceywatson » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Has anyone actually lost weight through their fibro instead of gaining it? Although we are less active, with the anxiety and the ibs and the pain does anyone lose weight. I have and all my bloods are fine but at the moment it feels like my ribs are sticking out as my costo is bad.
traceywatson
UKFM Member

Re: weight loss not gain!

Postby denys » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:55 pm

I wish, no definitelt put on :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tireesix » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Yeah, I have lost weight but now not sure if it is down to fibro or mentl health.
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby livermore » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi there,

Yes i often lose weight when im having a flare and then slowly put it back on when i start to feel better just to lose it again next time!!

Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Postby busy mummy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:43 pm

hiya

i lost 2 1/2 stone since christmas, through mainly stress. dont eat regularly due to lack of interest or being so obsessed with a task in hand that i forget to eat, also have ibs which contributes.

Sarah
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:21 pm

hi i lose wieght when having more pain put a couple of pounde on then lose it again even though i eat loads
crisps and chocs are my fave
i put it down to pain v
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby difly » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:22 am

Hi it was interesting what michelle said as i too seem to lose weight when im havin a flare ,and then i put it back on when things a bit settled , along with this i also crave chocolate and crips ,fibro sure has us up and down mores the need to takes control and stay strong xx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:25 am

I have lost just over a stone since November and I thought it was the Tramadol then I had duodenitis but I do eat yet still no weight gain. Just Reading the posts makes me think it could be pain too as my flare started November. For now I can enjoy chocolate and desserts. It's the only upside to my CFS/FM for now.
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby Debzjm » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:18 am

Since I started having pain which was in August 2010, I've lost over 4 stone in weight.
I know that a lot of it was to do with my fibro, but I then went to an immunologist who advised me to stop eating processed food and drink Caffine and stuff with preservatives and artificial sweetners in. Also not to eat thing with white flour in. So that could be why I've lost some since then. I also visit a personal trainer once a week if I'm well enough to help build my muscles up to help with the flare ups.
Debzjm
UKFM Newbie

Postby stephen1969 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:32 am

Hi everyone,
I hope that you are all feeling the best that anyone can with this horrible and so dibilitating illness. My wife has fibro and has now been tied up in a major flare since june of last year. She went in the garden at that time because she was feeling ok and knelt down only to injur her knee. Since then the fibro has just spiralled out of control. She started having major back spasms in the lower back and had to be put on anti-spasmodics. This was in about December. However they have not really helped that much. Since January this year she has become very depressed - not eating very much because of nausea and finding everything just too much! Since December she has lost about a stone and a half and is down to just about 9 stone. She is about 5ft 9in so 9 at 9 stone this is low for her. I am really worried about her. She takes so many tablets a day and these must be having alsorts of side effects. I just want her to feel better. I just feel so helpless and it feels like there is nothing I can do. I too am at times feeling down. I just wish things could be normal again, or as normal as things can be with fibro - just for a while. I miss seeing my wife laugh and smile. To cap it all our son was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in February. My wife blames herself for this saying that if she hadn't got fibro nor would he have CFS. Any encouragement would be much appreciated. I hope you all feel better soon,
Best wishes,
Stephen
stephen1969
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:21 pm

hi stephen sorry to hear you are all having a hard time im not much help as im quite new to all this
but i was once realy of my food due to tb and went down to 6st 7
i felt i couldnt face food especialy big meals
my hubby encoraged me to eat a little often
maybe 5 tiny meals a day instead of 3 big meals to start with
just a thought it helped me
with regards to her feeling guilty maybe its the mother in her
we all think we can protect our kids from everythig
take care
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby carol odonnell » Thu May 03, 2012 1:44 pm

I too have lost weight these last few months since i had bad flare up,have been so worried about this and am seeing doc but feel better now knowing i'm not the only one, i hope all my fellow sufferers fell on the mend soon with their bad flare ups as i know how i am feeling just now and its plain awful :( :( xxx
carol odonnell
UKFM Member

Return to Weight Issues