[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Is Fibro Hereditry

Is Fibro Hereditry

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Is Fibro Hereditry

Postby rosie66 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi
I am not a newbie,its certainly along time since i came on here,so hello to all the mods,
Could you tell me if Fibro is hereditry,only as some of you know i have and to-day my son was diagnosed with,i guessed that he had it quite a while ago,he has been signed off so many times,he is worse than me,but i think thats because i am able to pace myself and i can relax when i want to,but his job is much streneous than mine,and i am worry that he will lose his job,if so,then he loses his home as well,i am probably worrying far to much,but you can imagine that i feel quilty now,especially if it is hereditry,sorry to be a pain lol :mrgreen:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Re: Is Fibro Hereditry

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Lovely to see you on here again rosie :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: I'm sorry your son has been dx'd with this wretched condition :( :( :(

The heredity question pops up quite often. Altho the "experts" can't say one way or another if it is inherited, a look thru previous posts on here does seem to indicate there could be something heredity about the condition. There have been quite a few mentions of someone in the family also having FM, be it a parent, grandparent, or other close relative.

It's understandable that you're worried about your son, that's what happens when mum mode becomes activated :grouphug: :grouphug: Now he has a definite dx, he really needs to let his employer know, as once they are aware of his condition, under the Equalities Act, they should work with him to make his job as FM suitable for him as possible. There is quite a lot of info about this on the boards which we can point you in the direction of if you need/want to know anything about it.

Try not to let the guilty feeling get too strong if you can, until more is known about FM, from what triggers/causes it to the magic cure that we're all desperate for, all we can really do is try to get the best we can out of each day and live the life we now find ourselves with. With a bit of patience coupled with some trial and error, your son could find the right balance of things he needs to help him live with FM.

We're always around rosie, so if there's something you, or your son are wondering about, you know we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Fri May 25, 2012 8:22 am

iwonder this myself sometimes when my teenagers are suffering from lazyitess or irretrievable laptop symdrome :lol:

sorry was not being rude - its bad enough wiht one in the family sorry your son is suffering too, we do have a tendency to push ourselves too far though - we are sometimes our own worst enemy which is more worry for you.

take care and i hope both of you are able to get some relief somehow.

:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri May 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Hello Rosie :wave: :blowkiss:

Sorry to hear about your son :hugs: fibro does seem to be hereditary :(
I hope with the right meds he will be able to keep his pain under control :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby rosie66 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Thank you all for your replies,i had no idea of the Equalities Act,that is good to know,i am seeing my son tomorrow i will show him your replies,i know it takes time to sort yourself out and pace yourself,its taken me along time to get things right, anyway thanks for your help,take care :-D
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello