[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - ESA and dla and the wonderful atos

ESA and dla and the wonderful atos

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA and dla and the wonderful atos

Postby britbuilder » Thu May 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Dear all, we have been waiting for the ESA atos medical date and so far have waiting 12 weeks but reading the post on here that is nothing new, I have also today been told that the DLA think it's best if my wife Kate has a home visit from one of there doctors, I said when you say one of yours you don't mean ATOS do you, to which they replied yes, but i was told they want the info back with in 4 weeks, oh but they did say this could take a bit longer however they do push :swear1: :swear1: sorry Atos on it, so it's just another case of suck it and see, we welcome the home visit, and like I said to them it's just the length of time everything takes, we are ready it's just those :swear1: :swear1: that are not, any advice would be helpful :))
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Thu May 17, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of expletive/unsuitable language
britbuilder
UKFM Member

Re: ESA and dla and the wonderful atos

Postby britbuilder » Fri May 25, 2012 11:09 am

Just an update we have now received a date for a medical to be done at our home on the 11th June this is for DLA we are happy we have a date finally, I find it incredible that the ESA medical that we have waited for over 3 months still are no nearer to contacting us, but I believe I can ask for the medical report and probably send this to ESA so my wife Kate does not need to go through it a second time, it says on the form it's a dr and have given his name so we are happy, my wife needs full time care, she is on oral morph daily and has cyclimorph injections as a back up when she has a migraine attack so far she has not had one for over 2 weeks but the last one lasted for 21 days :( Kate takes 10 tablets a day, anti depresents, fenactol, topamax,eltroxin,aspirin oh and naseptin nasal cream because she has ulcers in her nose, what a nasty horrible condition fibro is, anyone that has it deserves all the benefits the government has to chuck at them, never give up and please ask someone to help you, I am fighting for my wife and I find it a struggle if it was left to my wife she would just not being able to do it please please ask for help!! X
britbuilder
UKFM Member

Postby britbuilder » Fri May 25, 2012 11:12 am

Oh and lyrica, also don't forget people we are doing our bit for the country as we are keeping pharmacy doors open with all the meds lol
britbuilder
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri May 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Hope all goes well for you and your wife.

:grouphug:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby fibro-lu » Fri May 25, 2012 5:38 pm

same from here

hope all goes well
:flowers: and [chocolate]

lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby britbuilder » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:46 am

Good morning one and all,

well this morning we had a visit from the Atos, dr w Doraiswamy.
Seemed a nice fella, but you never know? Anyway i recorded everything, he seen me writing things down, i wonder if he notice he was being tape recorded too im sure he did.
Anyway he talked about the history of kates illnesses right from the start to the present day, talked about what meds she take etc what affect they have, what impact this has had on our lives etc,do you go out can you make yourself a drink can you wash yourself go to the toilet take a shower and dress yourself all these questions were followed by" you know on a good day" then the physical exam. squeezing of fingers checking her joints seening her walk no more then 10 steps and then he was gone....so its a sit and wait game again.
britbuilder
UKFM Member

Postby sootybean56 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:01 pm

:fingerscrossed:
you get the right decision
it makes me angry that people with fibro etc have to not only
to suffer with this illness but to deal with atos who i feel have no idea
how fibro affects everyone who has it
:goodluck1:
sootybean56
UKFM Member

Postby britbuilder » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Awwww thankyou sooty bean the dr did say that he thought Kate has carpol tunnel as well so I'm hoping this was a good sign, but you just never know?? I'm keeping everything crossed :))
britbuilder
UKFM Member

Postby britbuilder » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Okey so I phoned ESA saying that I have a Atos doctors report being sent to me, who carried out a medical for DLA only to be told that it probably wont matter as its a different medical......ummmm confused dot com......but you do use atos? "yes" so surely the report would be good enough, well I am not sure by all means send it in stating how long you have been waiting for an ESA medical (15 weeks) and they might take it into consideration.....is it just me or do they really not know what they are doing???
britbuilder
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:01 pm

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby britbuilder » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Awwww right thank you Lisa :))
britbuilder
UKFM Member

Postby britbuilder » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:25 am

Update, Kate received high rate mobility and low rate care, we are appealing the decision of the care component, I recorded the hour and 20 mins the dr was there and have uploaded it onto a cd for them to hear the whole medical!
britbuilder
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits