Weight Gain with Meds

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Weight Gain with Meds

Postby caterpillar » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:23 pm

It's very interesting I've noticed that the majority of posters on this thread have either gone from a size 8 to a 14/16 or a 10/12 to a 16/18 (myself included) so it seems a couple of dress sizes and not much change in diet?
I take anti depressants, beta blockers, the pill and codeine. I'd love to get back to a size 12 but I don't think it's ever going to happen :-(
caterpillar
UKFM Member

Weight Gain with Meds

Postby Carlaagnew » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:12 am

It is interesting that everyone seems to be the same size. I also get bloating I can go out wearing something baggy and come home with it skintight and hurting me! You read these suggestions for clothes that shouldn't hurt yet if I followed them id live in my pyjamas (though I mostly do anyway)! I also find as I'm 24 I want to look good and wear things that I use to wear and are "trendy" and feel like why shouldn't I??? Fibromyalgia aswell as other medical problems have taken away so much of my life already I despise the idea of giving up another part of ME!!! It begins to feel like I have very little of me left. I too use to do gymnastics and dancing and never had a problem when out on a night out to find something to wear or lack confidence whereas now I feel an imposter in my own body like it won't do what I want it to do and don't feel at all comfortable!! It's really a downward spiral constantly. How are you meant to stay positive with so much negative??? It seems cruel and unfair! I just wish everyone could understand how bad fibromyalgia can be. And drop the whole you look ok so you must be fine! Xo
Carlaagnew
UKFM Member

Re: Weight Gain with Meds

Postby animalhouse » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:02 pm

carla,

thats a really good description - the imposter.

i had cbt today and was telling her how i love watching all the outdoorsy programees/travelleing such as bear grylls and at one time i would have beeen why don;t we go there, this body doesn't feel like mine or i can anymore.

i was size 12 for all my adult life 20 years except babies adn would wear skinny jeans, converse, trendy indy stuff now i hate my body, the belly went over a size 14, then 16 and refuse to go any higher. so i have no self esteem or interest in buying clothes/hair cuts anymore.

i live in tracky bottoms and jumpers to keep my back arms warm and supported and ugg boots. so easy dressing.

i even shaved my head off and did a britney last week - not because i am mad, but just cant face going to hairdressers - i accept my condition just struggling to go out and face up to it with others or past acquaintances.

:( :( i was feeling really positive at cbt today and have got my depression under control but have lived on macd breakfast's for 1/2 of last week - i really need to be careful iwht diet. cutting out carbs/wheat and dairy was good for body but really depressed me so have needed to introduce the carbs again to stop me beign suicidial.

now i know why i can work on it and take control of my life back - the weight will just have to take a back seat.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Weight Gain with Meds

Postby Just-JJ » Tue May 01, 2012 10:21 am

I've been reading a lot of information regarding what not to eat, particularly as our metabolism will be to pot due to the sleep depravation, so not necessarily the meds, nor the amount we eat but WHAT we eat. Will find the link when I
can get on my laptop x
Just-JJ
UKFM Member

Postby shari » Sat May 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Has anyone noticed a craving for sweet things. To the point of being addicted to it. I have been so bad, I have even eaten sugar straight from the bag :pigoink 1: :pigoink 1: :pigoink 1: :pigoink 1: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:
shari
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Just tried put a pair of trouser on that I have not had on for a while :cry: yuk ,talk about holding the stomach in :-x

this is one for the girls has your bra size gone up considerable now have to go and buy some new ones :roll:

I have got a craving for golden syrup spoonfuls right from the tin
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby lala1626 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:16 pm

kitten it would be easier for you to buy the golden syrup in the squeezy bottles - less messy.

i also find im getting really bad sweet cravings. iv done really well my cravings normally center around golden syrup cake, there has been half a cake in the cupboard for over a week but gave in tonight oops. :oops: :oops:

i also live in pyjamas and when i go out i wear trackies and hoodies they re the only thing that is comfy. i used to live in jeans and nice tops but cant wear jeans anymore.

kitten i think we all have increased in bra size, i have had to buy new ones and even then they are ot comfy at all. i have bought a few vest tops with a bra inside they are much more comfy.

i was talking to my mum about fibro being a disability and i was told that i am not disabled and its all a state of mind. i couldnt get through to her that mediclly it is a disability but i cant see myself as being disabled otherwise i would have a breakdown.

animalhouse - please talk to people if you are feeling low. you can pm me if you want but please dont feel suicidal it is a very difficult thing to deal with but talking does help dot feel like you have to deal with it by yourself.
lauren xxxx
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:12 pm

thanks lala,

the cbt has been really helping and have just let it all out at times.

so gone off at a tangent instead of discussing the driving phobia, however i think it is just avoidance as whne missed for couple of weeks its awful having to think about it again.

managing to hold it all together and felt better lately depression wise.

i wear trackies adn vests now - no jeans or bras.

my new craving is rice crackers and choc spread.

:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby kitten » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:37 pm

lala1626
Might be tempered not to use a spoon and just tip it up if a got a squeeze bottle, :lol: really going to try and not give in to temptation just keep thinking of my hols in a couple of months and keep saying to my self Nooooooooo
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:49 am

Getting told you have fibro is enough to take in,but then comes the depression as your life before is just memorys,then the meds and weight gain,was a size 10-12 but now 16ish with no life what so ever,i am sorry but most of the time just cant handle it all,hardley any strenth to do anything anymore,all i seem to do is sleep to get away from it,as its constant non stop,All you ladys are so lovely,i just wish i had your strenth and positive outlook :grouphug: :grouphug:
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Weight Issues