[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Constantly scared!

Constantly scared!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Constantly scared!

Postby Aneary » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi, been suffering for over two years now and just been given a fibro diagnosis, I spend every day scared out of my wits as don't feel in control of my body, any one else?
Also anyone get a strange rushing feeling through body followed my massive dizziness even when lying down? I'm only 29 but feel like I'm 89, reading through this forum helps me feel not do alone
Thanks
Aneary
UKFM Member

Re: Constantly scared!

Postby denys » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi A and :wave: :welcome: to the forum have moved your post into here with it being your first one. You sound as though you are having some sort of anxiety attack, maybe it would be a good idea to go back and see your doc again
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:29 pm

hi we all feel scared at first i think because we and others dont know how it is going to affect us,

i have found this site amazing in helping me learn about fm and also answering all my quetions and fears,
learn as much as you can knowlage is power and will help you feel better about things in time

i do get a fizzy feeling and i do have dizzy spells but they say on here if its new get it checked out

take carexx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Constantly scared!

Postby Aneary » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Thank you, relief just to talk to people who understand as this has really got to me, especially the dizziness as it can come on so quick which has led to anxiety attacks... Worst place seems to be supermarkets I get really dizzy and avoided them but now just grin and bear it with a tight grip on the trolley
Thanks for making me feel welcome :)
Aneary
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:16 pm

hi you are not alone in the supermarket thing i had a realy funny turn in asda the other day,

just keep talking and asking there is always help and a listening ear on this site .

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Constantly scared!

Postby Aneary » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Thanks :) also helps to know you're not alone I've fought for nearly 3 years as nhs were telling me it's all in my head and that it was post traumatic stress syndrome! Went private and finally got sorted, back with normal gp and they are finally listening to me, relief and sadness all in one

Take care x
Aneary
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:34 pm

hi it dose seem that most of us have to wait and go through the rinnger to get a dx but now you have you can try to work to see what works for you and what dosent,

you will need time to get your head round it and i still have ups and downs with dealing with it, but am a lot better than i was at first,

keep talking to your gp and if something isnt working let them know.

dont bottle things up let your nearest and dearst know how you feel and get them to educate themselves about the condition.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby animalhouse » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:48 am

hi aneary,

there is so much to learn about this condition and then you have to keep adampting as you go along, as you learn more, as your body changes.

when yoou think you know and are in control, you are surprised again by something else.

just listen to your body, take a few deep breaths adn remember hold on to that trolley for dear life.

when i go to hydro my hands are always killing me and (they hurt anyway) and realised last week i have to march on the spot, lift legs up, side, back etc for 5. realised i was holding onto handrails for dear life even though i am in water i still cant balance very well.

take care.

:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:01 pm

:welcome: to the forum aneary :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Constantly scared!

Postby Aneary » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Thankyou :)
Aneary
UKFM Member

Postby wrensgate » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:11 pm

wrensgate
UKFM Newbie

Postby JRMT » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Aneary,
I don't believe there's other people out there suffering the dizzy's :crazy: in the supermarket, I thought it was just me!!! I've even gone as far as to make sure there's a seat where you try the clothes on so if it gets the better of me I can sit somewhere for a minute or two, its a pretty scary experience but the feeling does pass. It's not the first time I've wanted to abandon a full trolley in the middle of the aisle and just go home! Some days I force myself to go as if I don't I'd make myself frightened to go back at all, but so far so good.
JRMT
UKFM Member

Postby JRMT » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi Aneary,

I meant to say in my post I always carry a wee bottle of Rescue Remedy everywhere with me, when I feel dizzy or panicky I take 4 drops on the tongue, try and relax myself a bit and whether its all in the mind or not I feel it helps me. It also comes in a spray or wee sweets.

Take care.
JRMT
UKFM Member

Constantly scared!

Postby Aneary » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Thanks for that, I ended up in hospital yesterday after falling over in my kitchen :s again blood results etc all fine

What's this stuff you take sounds good?

Thanks
Angela x
Aneary
UKFM Member

Postby cherrybee » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Aneary, its good to hear you are being listened to now,
I've heard of the Rescue remedy but never tried it, think its
a really good idea to carry some if it helps. Sorry to hear
you had a fall..know how that feels :yikes: supermarkets
do seem to affect fibro sufferers :crazy: tk care