[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New to the Forum

New to the Forum

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to the Forum

Postby saf » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with FM about 10 weeks ago although I now realise that I have had many of the symptoms for several years but the GP kept putting it down to a worsening of the ankylosing spondilitis which I have had for the past 30 years. My first reaction when I heard the diagnosis was disbelief. Having one chronic condition was enough. Enough of the pity party. I am so glad to have found this forum so that I can learn more about FM and hopefully learn some ways to help myself.
saf
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to the Forum

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:39 pm

:wave: :wave: saf and :welcome:

You'll find lots of info and advice on all sorts of things so hopefully some of it will help you find out about FM, as well as find ways for you to live with your FM.

Just ask if there's anything you want to know about, and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi Saf and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:43 am

hi saf

:-D :-D :-D
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:05 pm

:welcome: to the forum saf :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby saf » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Return visit to the GP today. Felt quite hopeful before I went although everything felt more painful than yesterday. Without going into detail, came out feeling angry and now feel very depressed. After telling me last time that FM was a chronic complaint he he actually spent 10 minutes reinterating that in great detail today. Sorry to rant, but .......I don't need someone to tell me how ill I feel or how much worse I may feel in the future. I need support and acceptance flavoured with a touch of optimism. I seem to only have two moods lately, I'm either ready to bite any and everyone's head off or trying desperately not to burst into tears. Is this a common scenario or am I turning into some sort of crazed monster?
saf
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jaycee » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:43 am

Hi saf, you are not turning into a crazed monster, it is perfectly normal to be angry and/or tearfull when you are diagnosed. There is a post somewhere about the stages you go through after diagnosis that is worth a read. Other than that I can only suggest taking it day by day and cut yourself some slack, warn your nearest and dearest that you might be a little short tempered and in need of some TLC.

As for your GP telling you how things will progress, no one can tell you that as it is different for everyone, as you find your way around the site you will soon see how much we vary.

Take care.
J
Jaycee
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:36 am

Sounds pretty normal to me, dont worry it does settle down but we seem to be more sensitive to what is said etc. So expect it to reoccur :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby numee2012 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi guys ive just joined and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Nicola in 36 and i was diagnosed with FM last Thursday and to be honest knowing that i actually had something wrong was a relief i have for a long time thought it was because i had started working out, eating healthily - was i eating not enough of something or too much of something, i tried supplements but seemed to have other problems like indigestion , and finally began to think that it was my long term medications for a kidney transplant that i had in 2001 that was causing my pains, but finally i have a name.
I have been prescribed Amitriptyline 10mg to help me get some sleep other than that i am trying to carry on as normal , eat healthily exercise and go to work.
I work regular nights and have done for over 10 years now and im struggling feeling so tired and always sore and stiff.
I look forward to getting to know people and learning how to live with this .
Nicola
numee2012
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:54 pm

:welcome: to the forum Nicola :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherrybee » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi Saf and Numee :welcome: hope you
find the info you need :-)
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello