Feel sick, ATOS call to book medical :o(

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Just-JJ » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:20 am

I feel physically sick :cry:

I have a medical at 10.30 on Friday 13th July (thank goodness I am not superstitious).

I had hoped against all hope that they would just award it with no medical, fat chance.

Dont get me wrong I am not worried that I wont get through the medical from a points point of view, its just the actual medical as every one I have been to I have sobbed virtually all the way through them, specially when they have hurt me :cry:
Just-JJ
UKFM Member

Re: Feel sick, ATOS call to book medical :o(

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 am

:grouphug: :grouphug:

You can say no to the examination, point out that each time you have been thro the pysical examination it has resulted in extreme pain and distress etc....

:fingerscrossed: hope all goes well :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shortnsweet54 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:56 am

Hi Just-JJ, i wish you good luck. I had my medical on the 19th June and as per previous posts was sent home as my blood pressure was toxic and i was in so much pain. The nurse when she took my blood pressure said it was so high she was terminating the medical, would not put me through the pain of a physical exam and sent me home by taxi...all in all a nasty experience.
She did however before all this say she could tell from my face that i was in pain and need not have the physical exam..so if you feel you cannot go through with it say so and make sure they put the reason...not "refused".
After the horrible experience of a medical 2 years ago i was much wiser and well prepared to say sorry but as i'm in pain and discomfort and this would cause me more i'm not willing to do it. i do believe we are well withing pour rights.

Wishing you all the best, take care
Jan H xx
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Postby Just-JJ » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Thanks both, I will be refusing dont you worry, as I have done at previous medicals.

What infuriates me is the obvious fact that they dont refer to any previous medicals, both that I have been to both doctors said they couldnt understand why I had been brought in as it was clearly obvious I am incapable of doing much of anything and I have more wrong with me since my last medical, it just doesnt make any sense :cry:
Just-JJ
UKFM Member

Postby crystalkaz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:08 pm

:wave: Hello Just-JJ
I went for Atos medical back in May, Looking back now I wish that I requested to be examined at home.
Whole experience made me so ill, even though Nurse couldn't examine me because of pain. Tried to do some of the stupid
test move ments, but was so stressed out. What I can advise is don't go on your own as you do need a witness.

Nurse- seemed so understanding at the time, but still passed me fit for work. Yep!! you guessed it I'm in the WRAG group!!
Take as much new evidence with you, any up to date appointments on recent tests.........Nurse was supposed to of taken my
Occy-Health report, but never even looked at it.... Since going to medical gone into a major flare, panic attacks even around
the house.

Can anyone please find the new points system for actually being awarded for ESA :roll: as I can't find it, my eyes sight is bad
blurry vision, fibro-fog. :grouphug:
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:37 pm

hi jj, just to say hope all gose well,try not to get to worked up i know it isnt easy when something upsets us so much.

i cant give any advice as thankfully i am not in your position,as i am still able to work.

but when i read on here how people are treated i do feel for you all as it must be so awful.

it dose drive me to push to stay in work (luckley im self employed with a good team behimd me)
i hope that you will be posting soon that things have gone right for you.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Just-JJ » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone xxxx

I was in a right state by the time friday arrived, and was suffering severe pain too (maybe flare up, or maybe after effect of my hydrotherapy I dont know for sure) but anyway, got a woman, first time I have seen a female.

She narked me a bit as she was going through my problems and was trying to lump my problems all in together with the fibro so I had to stop her, I said "with the greatest of respect my back problems are nothing to do with the FM, my back problems started when I was 8 having smashed my coccyx, then poorly ribs from an abusive relationship as a teenager and then I lifted a cabinet when I was 18 and as a result cracked 2 vertebrae, so they are not relating in any way" she actually apologised, how dare she try and lump it all together, felt like she was trying to trivialise my other issues.

Anyway, she didnt get me to do much, particularly as I sobbed virtually all the way through from the point she asked about my mental state and suicidal thoughts, and when she did ask me to raise my legs and bend knees I was literally yelping so she stopped and apologised profusely for making it hurt and said that she had seen enough and that I needed to go home.

I actually felt that she didnt cover enough if I am honest, my carer was in with me and feels sure that it went well, I am not so sure, will just have to wait and see I guess.

That night though I was so poorly, sicker than I have ever been in my entire life, think it was just all the stress and because of the pills I took throughout the day followed by 4 vodkas (I can normally drink vodka till it is literally coming out of my ears without being ill) so feel sure it was just the stress.

I am grateful its over, but do feel quite strong mentally so if it I am not put in the support group they had better be prepared for the fight of their lives!!!!

JJ xxx
Just-JJ
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:27 pm

hi jj, i am glad to hear you are feeling stronger in your mind,

as i said befor dont know much about all the medicals and such, but sureley if she stopped because she could see how much pain you are in and how upset you got that has to go in your favour.

i hope that you get the support group and that will lessen your stress a bit.

stay strong and take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby BlueBerry » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:55 pm

I hope your feeling ok jj and everyone else going thought the medical i have been run around like a headless chicken for past week or so try get my doctors letter sent to asto my doctor was on holiday last week so it been hard. I had to phone asto tell them they may get it this week but that i have my medical this up comming Monday. Wow I am little shock that asto has put my medical to Aug 6th and gave my doctor time get his letter to them sign I can relax a little i should find out in next few days that my letter been sent to asto so i can get home visit :crazy: (i hp they don't turn me down :-x )

I hope i can get home visti i am stuck in house now my hip hert me when i walk including my back. I wonder why asto help me they aren't usably this nice :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

wish everyone one luck i just hope i can get support group or have less mad time again it just crazy way they treat you not like human at all :nono: :nono:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:21 pm

hi blueberry, you must have caught them in a good mood.

hope all gose well for you

take care hope you feel a bit better soon xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Just-JJ » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:46 am

Thanks mason, and hope all goes well for you blueberry xxx
Just-JJ
UKFM Member

Postby BlueBerry » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Thanks everyone I had my first day out since my hip pain started about 3 weeks now and it was worse thing I've done the bbus was hell bump bumps everywhere and my hip is so sore now and i feel so sick but lest my mam enjoyed her time with me and i got put my point across to her how i feel at min like i feel like i am losing my interdependent. I am just so happy my mam is my carer but I wish I wasn't this ill :-x :-x but less i got 3 weeks extra get my doctors letter in and i hope i get home visit. Where i went to day for the day out is near where i get my medical done and god it going be hard get there i had to grab on to my mam for support i hate feeling like this I just hope it get better.

But thanks for kind words everyone :oops: :elephant: :bear-dancing: :hugs: :blowkiss: :flowers:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits