[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Am I the only bloody American here?

Am I the only bloody American here?

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Am I the only bloody American here?

Postby foggy fanny » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:47 am

some how I doubt it...There has to be support groups in California. However, as I sit and try to think, I know with all of you plus the many sites I share on facebook, I will survive...Crazy huh? But I am doing well today and hope that I can be directed to the proper area... Don't take any offense to my title...I am truly a nice and kind lady, a bit daft, but then who isn't??? Love to all :crazy:
Do you believe in Magic? Make everyday worthwhile...SMILE
foggy fanny
UKFM Newbie

Re: Am I the only bloody American here?

Postby denys » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:17 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, we did have a couple of members from America but they seem to have drifted away :wave: anyway we hope you'll stay there is a lot of daftness on here :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:48 pm

:welcome: foggy fanny we dont mind you sticking around if you want to, you could try putting your area into a search engine to see if any support groups come up :?: :goodluck1: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Woodentop » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm sure there must be support groups in somewhere the size of California, but in the meantime you will be guaranteed online support on here :welcome:
I see you're in Fresno, not really anything to do with fibro but my husband worked in California for 2 years and lived in Hanford. While there, we visited Fresno. I would love to visit again, but that was in my pre fibro days when I could do a long haul flight!
Woodentop
UKFM Member

Postby foggy fanny » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:15 am

Thanks for the warm thanks. When I got a message that someone had responded, I thought I was doomed...I am greatful that you welcome me. Is there a possibility that you could orient you registration to allow for other groups? you know, like me, or Spanish or others that could join. It would make them feel a bit better....Like the British/English statement...there's only one choice...so, just maybe a few ideas on that if you need them...

In my case I share how I feel because it's not just me...there are (I would say) millions of people in the world who suffer and we can all help each other better...I just feel also that we can learn more about our differences and similarities. That's why I created a group on my facebook...I think that's the right start...and I see alot more UK websites than I do American...it's interesting that America hasn't accepted the reality of this as much as you guys have...Pride only trips a person up...Facing your challenges is a better way to go..

You all are lovely...thanks again for the warm welcome... :bear-dancing:
Do you believe in Magic? Make everyday worthwhile...SMILE
foggy fanny
UKFM Newbie

Return to Support Groups