[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - ATOS Home visit

ATOS Home visit

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ATOS Home visit

Postby linoak90 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:50 am

Hi
Just a quick question I applied for DLA back in feb they turned me down I then asked them to look at it again and again they turned me down with one of there wonderful letters calling me and my Dr liars. I then asked for an appeal and sent quite a stroppy letter off to them I have been waiting for the letter turning me down yet again but instead today I get a letter from ATOS saying they are sending a Dr to my home to see me. I just wanted to ask your opinion as to wether or not this is positive?

Thank for reading.

Lin. X
linoak90
UKFM Member

Re: ATOS Home visit

Postby swbadcock » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:03 pm

I had a visit last Friday week from a atos Dr , seemed very pleasant and just asked a load of questions then a few tests and that was it , he did say he had not come to talk about work , other Dr diagnosis only my every day ability to do what ever he asked.
swbadcock
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:41 pm

From my own experience of a home visit I can only say it should be a positive experience.

I applied for DLA in May 2011, it was refused in August 2011, I then phoned them up in tears and asked for a reconsideration. I recieved an appointment for my home visit assesment which was a couple of weeks later.

A very nice elderly 'Dr Foster' (you couldn't make it up) conducted the home assesment and then 2 weeks later I was awarded HRM and LRC.

In hindsight, I think I could have appealed for MRC/HRC but did not want to 'rock the boat' and I am pleased to say the award has been a godsend as I was ill health retired in May of this year and my finances have reduced severly.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby linoak90 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:54 pm

I have just read a previous post from just jj and im now even more worried I have a Dr Khan coming out do they do an actual physical exam or just ask questions?

Lin. X
linoak90
UKFM Member

Postby claireh18 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Just seen this thread...i have a dr from ATOS coming to see me this afternoon, and am panicking. I don't know what to say even though i have copies of my origianl DLA renewal form to read (and i have got worse since then!)
Hopefully i am getting worked up about nithing but we'll see how it goes...wish me luck!
claireh18
UKFM Member

Postby linoak90 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Good luck Clair let us know how it goes.

Lin. X
linoak90
UKFM Member

Postby glenmcgregor » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:13 pm

I had my ATOS home medical on Saturday at 9am. To be honest it was no huge deal - a lot of questions really the same as in your original form then a physical; blood pressure, pulse, chest sounding and then pressed everywhere. I had been good when I got up but about an hour after he left I was sore everywhere, and that lasted until Monday evening. Will wait and see but must be the easiest 100 bucks for 45 minutes he makes.
glenmcgregor
UKFM Member

Postby claireh18 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:06 pm

claireh18
UKFM Member

Postby miller » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:43 am

had it all done last year , the doc who came to my house was very pleasent and nice he filled his forms in as we were going along , i didnt find out what he had wrote until i got all my appeal papers through . I dont want to say they are all like this but he had not wrote down half of what i had told him or had wrote things differently to how i would have put them or not wrote anything at all . i did try to say thats not what i said etc but by appeal time it was too late . do try to make sure somebody else is there with you to back up what you have said and saying at the time . :!: needless to say i got denied dla and everything else :cry:
miller
UKFM Member

Postby linoak90 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:33 am

Thankyou for taking the time to post a reply Im very greatfull.

Lin. X
linoak90
UKFM Member

Postby darkcyde » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi - I've recently received a letter saying they have been asked by the DWP to arrange a medical examination, etc, etc and then later on it says The Healthcare Professional who visits you, etc, etc

Firstly, does this mean they are coming to me despite me not having asked?

Secondly, and the reason for my post on here (not hijacking the thread) is can we give the "Healthcare Professional" anything to take away with them? More pointedly, can we give them "notes" to add to his report? If so, we could give them a written statement of everything in the application form to ensure that everything we have said is put across?
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Postby poppypuffball » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:07 am

Hi---i only just seen your letter,
I had Dr Khan about 3 weeks ago---very nice,lots of questions,lots of writing,medical bit was me standing up feet together ,closed eyes----walk in a straight line,1 foot in front of other==== lay on sofa, raise legs, then more questions. Dont know if i will get it or not---watch out for my answer.
poppypuffball
UKFM Member

Postby linoak90 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:51 am

Thanks for your post Poppy I feel a little reassured hope you get a positive outcome. Wonder if we are in the same area Im in crawley west sussex.

Lin. X
linoak90
UKFM Member

Postby claireh18 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:47 am

Received decision today - a NO! :-x
The report written by dr that visited stated that i rose, walked and went up the stairs unaided ( a blatant LIE - my mum helped me)
and that as i drive a car i should be able to walk without any pain for 250m...i wish!
My car is automatic and cos pain is more on left side i can drive short distances on good days only.

Apparently next step is tribunal will contact me.
claireh18
UKFM Member

Postby darkcyde » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:30 am

how was he in general? a nice person, or distant towards you? did he read you back what he had written?
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits