[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Poem from Gill

Poem from Gill

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Poem from Gill

Postby gillshutt » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:12 pm

How to find out you have FM.

Hello doc, it’s me again,
I really am in so much pain.
Please tell me that you have a clue,
Please tell me you know what to do.

The doctor said, “You’re fine.”

But I’m not getting any sleep,
The pain’s so bad that I could weep.
When I stand I feel I’ll fall,
Although I hardly walk at all.

The doctor said, “You’re fine.”

I feel that no one understands,
My swollen stomach, swollen glands.
I hardly leave the house at all,
In case I cry, in case I fall.

The doctor said, “Depressed.”

I really don’t think I’m depressed,
I’m just upset because I’m stressed.
I want to live a normal life,
Without the pain, without the strife.

The doctor said, “Depressed.”

Do you know what makes me sad?
Do you know what makes me mad?
I came in here for help from you,
But you’re no use, it makes me blue.

The doctor said, “No use?”

You sit there like you’re lord of all,
But you’re no use, no not at all.
FM is what I think I’ve got,
What do you know, not a lot.

So doctor say, “Referral”
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby luuluu » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:48 am

I totally identified with all of that Gill, good poem :D

luuluu
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby RobG » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:48 am

very good Gill just about sums it up I think

make sure the DWP dont see it though as they will say you can work as a greeting card author or poet laureate or something
when I die I want it to be in my sleep like my grandad not screaming and shouting like the passengers on the bus he was driving!
RobG
UKFM Member

Postby cinders » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:21 pm

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift
cinders
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:08 pm

Last edited by gillshutt on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby aily » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:51 pm

aily
UKFM Member

Postby AllyD » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:00 pm

Yes I was right " a very sad individual"
I joined this rival forum to take a look and as the owner himself says in one of his own posts and I quote "members are welcome to join even if they are members of other forums".

However I did find your poem Gill and put in a reply
which is copied below

Yes I agree it is a very good poem but unfortunately for Terry it was NOT written by him. It was written by a very nice lady called Gill who is the owner of another forum site for sufferers of Fibromyalgia.

Plagiarism is the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work

Shame on the owner/moderator who sent this email to my account on said forum within minutes of my post

> To:
> Subject: Your account has been deleted on fibromyalgia
> From: board@forumotion.com
> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:20:45 +0200
>
>
> Hi Fibrolil,
>
> You receive this automatic email because your account on "fibromyalgia" - http://fibromyalgia.heavenforum.com has been deleted.
> You can contact the administrator to know why it has been deleted.
>
> --
To which I replied

Dear Terry or which ever moderator receives this mail.
I'm sure you had a post on your forum which says that all new members are welcome even if they do also have an account on another forum. And yet you banned me for saying the truth.
I said nothing wrong except point out that you are indeed NOT the owner of that poem which you have on your site.

Not a very nice welcome!!!

Very sad :roll:

Message to Terry should he read this
You can ban me but Have you ever heard of a dynamic IP??
AllyD
UKFM Member

Postby AllyD » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:03 pm

the following limerick is my own personal opinion and not that of any others

There once was a man named Terry
Who was definitely not very merry
I joined his forum
But got kicked in the bum
And bounced all the way out of Heaven

Now Terry’s a pilot I see
But poet I’m afraid not is he
He’s flying high and his writings a lie
He’s not very nice he should think twice
But he can steal this poem from me. :lol:

For the truth I have told not he
Not taken these words for free
My own words every bit
This forums a hit
This is my idea of FaMily

Sorry it may not be a very good limerk but I think you get the idea.
Ally

perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
AllyD
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:21 pm

Nice one ally! :lol:
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby aily » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:02 am

aily
UKFM Member

POEMS ETC