[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby RobG » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:53 am

My name is Rob and I am an ... hold on wrong forum lol

I am 40 been diagnosed just over 2 years but suffering longer than that.
Just been dismissed from my job in local government due to sickness absence and will be fighting it tooth and nail.
Fortunately to occupy my mind I am a local councillor so I am not going idle.
Love cooking and comedy, a good laugh really helps

Only regret I have is not coming to this site sooner, everyone is so friendly and have experienced so much very useful.

Enough of me yakking on

Rob
when I die I want it to be in my sleep like my grandad not screaming and shouting like the passengers on the bus he was driving!
RobG
UKFM Member

find a friend

Postby Mich76 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:50 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is michelle and I have 2 boys age 10 and 11 i have been married to Alex for 13 years.
I got diagnosed in January this year,and have been put on a cocktail of , Tramadol, tegratol, amytriptoline voltarol and co-dydramol. Have been having a tough time recently to the point i was in so much pain yesterday that i called my doctor as i had had my limit of my meds but was still in soooo much pain, she told me to take some extra amytriptiline and to try to sleep. Have been feeling very lonely with this thing and just need someone to talk to that understands.

I am going to make an appointment with my gp this week and see if she will review my meds, I ended up in bed all day yesterday and didnt get up until 2pm this afternoon. i am moving in9 weeks time.(cant wait as i am moving close to my family so they will be able to help more.)

my love to all out there , keep smiling as thats what i am trying to do. :D :D
Mich76
UKFM Newbie

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:40 pm

Hi Michelle welcome hope you get to like us and enjoy this forum Its a bit quiet at the moment on here but that happens sometimes I'm sure people
will be in touch with you soon all the best
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:07 pm

hi michelle its me again I had to cut short my last post had to take a call
I am to stuck in bed most of the time and also get really tired It takes it out of you doesn't it Also the islolation you have to put up with is sometimes as bad as the pain it makes you feel depressed you want to do stuff but you can't. Now I have forgotten what I was going to say next :? no can't think what it was as you can see I have memory problems aswell never mind maybe next time I have a daughter named michelle she is my carer as well. I'll have to go it's getting foggy again
coventry brittle kid
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Hi again

Postby Mich76 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:29 am

I really need to get some stuff sorted today but i [color=blue]Hi its Michelle

thanks for the messages of support. I thought I was the only one who spent most of her time in bed. Its nice to know that i am not on my own. I spend most of my day at home on my own as my husband works full time and is often sent away. He is in the armed forces, so it often falls on my 10 year old and 11 year old to help me. There names are Craig and Johnathan. I dont know what i would do without them.

Thankyou so much for your reply Miss Bunny penny what a great name.

I am moving to Shropshire in august , so i am extra stressed at the moment

Anyway will have to go for now
bye bye
Mich76
UKFM Newbie

Hi everyone

Postby lawren » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi everyone

I'm Lawren I live in Manchester, I am thirty-eight years old and was diagnosed in my early twenties. At that time I was told the illness was called fibroitis and that it usually affected people older than me.

I have been with my husband for ten years but we do not have children although I love kids. I worked part-time in an office until I was thirty when I became too ill and had to leave. I find the illness can be very isolating as my husband works long hours and its difficult to have a big social life when you spend most of your life half-awake and you don't work. I'm thinking of doing a short online course in the next few months.

I find it really hard when I cannot do what other people can and I see people in their eighties with more energy than me. Sometimes the simplest thing is so hard (like getting out of bed and trying desperately not to look like I'm a zombie extra in a horror film!) Cooking dinner and falling asleep and burning it (I have a timer now but I often cannot find it!). There are many times I feel inadequate and it affects my confidence. I'm a walking insecurity. But I try to keep a sense of humour, its the one thing that keeps me going.

I like reading, films and music and walks in the countryside, I watch some American detective programmes on television like Criminal Intent and CSI.

I'm glad to meet everyone here.

Best wishes

Lawren
lawren
UKFM Newbie

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:48 pm

Hi Lawern just to say hello and welcome I know actually how you feel isolated seems to be quite a problem with us fibros I was orginally diagnosed with fibrositis many year ago I didnt know that it was the same condition until this year/ My 77 year old neighbour puts me to shame to she never stops I watch her running around her garden doing this and that she even once cut my grass for me when I had just got out of hospital I was very :oops:
coventry brittle kid
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby sparkey » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:55 pm

HI my name is Nigel I live in sunny Bournemouth I'm 57 i live with my mate defer, a mad springer spaniel he keeps me going, i was a Engineer and worked all over the world, my last job some 12 years ago was in Nepal

Diagnosed with ME/fibro 8 years ago i keep myself busy iv just finished tileing my bathroom it took me 8 months, half hour hear and there very tired but happy with it. hope i can help others :D :D
sparkey
UKFM Member

Postby Angel31 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:00 am

Hi everyone
My name is Chloe, i'm 30 (31 on tuesday)
I am a mother of 6, all boys, 13, 12, 9, 6, 2 1/2, 11 months.
me and my husband started early and kept on going!!
I would've loved to have a baby girl but i've given up trying.
I live in Bedford, it's always raining here! the dampness kills me.

GP diagnosed me with Fibro a few months ago, Rhumie gave me loads of tests and diagnosed me last week with fibro and depression, just after i broke down in tears in his office.

The thing i find hard to get my head round is nobody (doctors) seems to know a great deal about this, everyone is saying it gets better with exercise, you will only have it for 5 years, you won't get any worse, etc.... but exercise makes me feel crap, housework does me in let alone doing extras and i feel worse now than i did a month ago , what he hell am i going to be like in a couple of years?
Rhumies phrase was you are burned out!! tell me somthing i don't know!
6 children (3 autistic, 1 hyperkinetic) are likely to do that to you.

Anyway sorry for the moan.
Great to be back.
Love to everyone
Chloe xxx
Angel31
UKFM Member

Postby Angel31 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:03 am

P.S forgot to say (as if i didn't say enough the first time!)
I am also terrified of spiders.

I get my 12 year old son to get them for me.
Angel31
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:47 am

Hi Chloe, nice to meet you ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby smurf » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:47 pm

smurf
UKFM Member

hello

Postby f1honeybunny » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:11 pm

i am f1honeybunny really, lara
i am 35 married
i live in harrogate
i have 3 cats 1 of whom is diabetic
i have had fm for 8 years plus,my husband has fm,ME,and other rarer illnesses
i also have mobility problems,asthma,suffer from fits(not epileptic),ibs,severe food allergies,agorophobia,depression,anxiety,hay fever ,carpel tunnel syndrome
i like making cards though this takes much longer than most people as i can't sit for long,formula1,cats and rabbits,richard hammond and damon hill :wink: :wink:
i look forward to making more friends on this forum :)
hope there are some people out there who i can laugh and cry with i really know what you are going through i've been ill almost 9 years now!!!
f1honeybunny
UKFM Newbie

Postby karengemma » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:38 am

Hi my names Karen I'm 43 yrs and have been married to Phil for 10yrs, I have a son and daughter my son's 23 and in the marines and my daughter is 20 she still lives at home.

I was diagnosised with FM and CFS 15yrs ago, but I also have numerous other health problems that have been thrown in for good measure, :roll: I take codydramol, Gabapentin, Amitroptyline and Oramorph for the FM but have to take loads others for my other problems.

We live in a lovely village in Dorset, but there's a problem with that, there are very few buses that come our way which doesn't help if people want to come and see us and can't drive But I've found that I've drifted away from most of my so called friends because I can't just drop everything and babysit etc now, I do have a couple of very close friends. I am registered disabled and have been for the last 12yrs My husband is my full time carer we had to sell our business 5yrs ago as I had got to the state where I couldn't go into work 1 day a week let alone 5 or 6. We both really miss it but FM seems to have claimed every part of my life and I definately think it controls me which i hate with a passion. :x

I enjoy making cards, and have just enrolled on an health care Open University course that starts in October I can't wait. I have a westie dog called Gemma she's 6yrs old and is my best friend we're alwasy together she'll even sneak into the bathroom if i'm not careful but she's so ful of life and constantly makes me laugh at her, she seems to sense when I need cheering up.

I'd love to make new friends on here and find people to talk to, it can be very lonely where we live and I can't get out very often at all now. I look forward to meeting you all

Karen
tomorrows got to better
Luv Kaz xx
karengemma
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:24 am

HI Kaz (((xxx))) Where abouts in Dorset? I used to live in Sherborne (mum still lives there)

Gillx
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello