Trying to get Diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Trying to get Diagnosed

Postby SleepyMummy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Hello everyone, :wave:

My name is Linda and I am 37 and have 2 children, the youngest is 8 months.

For most of my adult life I have had these symptoms and have been back and forth to the doctors only to be told that if I lost weight and exercised then I would feel much better and I wouldn't get these aches and pains.

When I was pregnant last year I had very bad pains in my hips and back and after my baby was born I could hardly walk. Luckily for me the GP that did my postnatal check with me was very helpful and referred me to the hospital for investigation. I have had blood tests, xrays, scans and bone scans and they have shown that I have a problem with my hips and back but they say that everything else comes back negagtive. I have since been diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder and when I saw my GP yesterday he suggested FM and said I should look into it and when I see the Rhuemetologist in December to talk to him about it as my GP thinks I have it.

I found this site yesterday and I have spent so much time reading it. ( I keep having to re-read bits as my concertration is rubbish these days) I have never heard of this before and everything I read is about me!! I can not believe I have been back and forth to the doctors for nearly 20 years and not one person has ever suggested this. Is it that hard to get diagnosed with?

I am on all sorts of pain killers and anti inflamatories and things to help me sleep but nothing works and my GP said when I see the consultant in December he will be able to give me some medication that will help ease things. Is this right??

Anyway, if you have got this far then thank you for reading. :-D
SleepyMummy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Trying to get Diagnosed

Postby denys » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi Linda and :welcome: to the forum :wave: your rheumatologist may prescribe some medication but your GP can do this also bit mean to make you wait till December :roll: :roll: :roll:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello