Please help what to do to change decision

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Please help what to do to change decision

Postby jue-bug » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:51 pm

Short version as am frantic....
After a year on ESA I had another ATOS medical 17 aug ....got letter 28 sept saying I had Job centre interview on 19 oct.
I rang Benefits office who claimed to have sent a letter 21 sept saying I have been put in WRAG I asked for them to resend letter and this morning got brown envalope with ATOS report in it but no letter about being put in WRAG....
No idea what will happen to money or anything am lost in a sea of confusion
Unsure what to do next any help or pointers appreciated
jue-bug
jue-bug
UKFM Member

Re: Please help what to do to change decision

Postby fliss » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:34 pm

first of all calm down make a cuppa and then read through the letter and see if it says that u can appeal the decision,next 2moro phone them up and tell them u r appealling their decision and ask how to do this,ask for a copy of all ur info and medicals and any paperwork relating to ur case then book an appointment at cab or dial and take everything to them they should help u sort it all out and they shud be able to explain the money and tell u if there is anything else u can claim and help u do this,lastly big huge hugs to u xxxx
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby jue-bug » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanx fliss
sorry for being flustered I was just feeling overwhelmed, what with NOT getting a letter from benefit people to advise of WRAG decision, just an appointment letter for the Job Centre....Not sure of time limits etc..
Thanx for the calming cuppa
(((HUGS))) to you too
jue-bug
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Can I suggest that you read through other threads on the DWP Working & Benefits section , as I am sure I read one that talked about being able to review the decision and while that was going ahead you still got a form of benefit , less than normal ESA but better than nothing.

Will have another look myself and see if I can remember which one it was ...Fibro fog bad today sorry
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi Jue bug, Just me again, I hope I have this right as I am not really up on the benefits system as they are so new to me.

If you go into the DWP,Working & Benefit thread there is a sticky at the top of the lists posted by MCT on Feb 22 2012 entitled :-

"what to do if you fail your work capability assessment."

In it he/she talk about a reconsideration rather than an appeal and then highlights all the steps that you should take to ensure that you do not loose out financially.

I hope I have got this right and it is useful to you, if not sorry for getting your hopes up , hope you can get it sorted some other way .

ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits