Feeling Lost!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling Lost!

Postby -Steph » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:29 am

Hi all, I've recently turned 21 and my life has fallen short of so many expectations! I've just left my other half who I have been with for 4 years, he is such a caring person but I was not happy with him, and I don't think if I was ill in the first place we would have ever been together. I feel so guilty for leaving him but I couldn't stay with him just to make him happy. But I just feel so lost at the moment, my life is not what I ever thought it would be, I don't know what to do at the moment, I feel so helpless, I'm young yet I feel as though my life has been taken away from me! I feel desperately lonely too, and the idea of meeting anyone new is so scary especially with my problems! I didn't know where else to turn, I'm so confused, I'm almost at the point where I don't know why I bother, I haven't been happy in such a long time and I can't see a time where I will be happy! Sorry to rant on here but like I said I don't know where else to turn to, needed to get a few things off my chest! Love to you all! xx
-Steph
UKFM Newbie

Re: Feeling Lost!

Postby maxtomads » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:08 am

So sorry to hear you're having such a tough time atm.
We can't make everything ok for you on here but we can try to help you through it.
Lots of hugs
xx :hugs:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Feeling Lost!

Postby kathmoore1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:15 am

You need to tell your doc how you feel. You're too young to go through this on your own.
As for meeting some one new, you'll be surprised how many caring guys there are out there!
Get on plenty of fish. I've met more nice guys since I've been honest about my illness, it definatly sifts out the shallow guys!!
Give it ago, even if its just to chat, it helps the loneliness.
Kathmoore1. Big hugs
kathmoore1
UKFM Member

Postby zakibear » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:37 am

Hi Steph, Sorry to hear how you are feeling.

I am 23 and identify with most of your symptoms. My life is nothing like how i wanted it to tun ut. I am shyer now than i ever thought i could be.

It sounds to me like you might need someone to talk to about this kind of stuff.
I found someone who has coped with fibro longer than me and find her advice very valuable.

If you think a 'fibro-buddy' might help its worth talking to someone.

Life is a lonely place especially with health problems no one really seems to understand.
zakibear
UKFM Newbie

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:54 pm

hi steph, zakibear has given you a good tip there in a fibro buddy,

and the other poster (sorry cant remember name) is right you need to speak to gp you may have depresion and they can help,
i am older but i do understand the feeling of lonliness i think we all do as nobody realy understands us unless they have it,

you are young to be going through this and i feel for all the young peaple on here as its hard life in general is harder for young people at the mment,

but dont give up looking for mr right im a true believer that there is a match for everyone out there, have you had any talking therapy or counciling as this could helo also,

i hope you learn to cope a bit better soon and feel more in control of your life.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby mkupton » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:07 am

Hello Steph,

Ya, a lot if expectations and dreams all gone, and I'm 21 also. :(.

Its very unfair and life has been robbed from us.

I was with a great girl also, but she didn't understand one bit, and thought camomile was the answer :(.

Like you, I struggle every day.

If you'd like to talk you can contact me on ******** I'm in Enfield , north London.

please contact OP with email address via personal message due to security reasons. Thank you *Lisa* (moderator)
Last edited by *Lisa* on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted email address
mkupton
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping