[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Weight Gain...

Weight Gain...

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Weight Gain...

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:09 am

To everyone who has replied a big :grouphug: as Lola and Tiff say, we all know the rules to loose weight .

its just that at the moment we have so much to contend with, the loosing weight takes the back seat. Its hard to count calories,points or syns when you feel sore all the time, your head's all over the place :crazy: and as many of us are on low pay or benefits the £5 per week to attend these classes could be spent else where in the family finances.

This might sound silly but how about forming our own weight loss support club - online through the forum (would this be allowed mods?)
We could arrange a day (say Monday) where we all agree to weigh oursleves at home and then log on to say if it was a good :-D /ok :-| /bad week :( . It would be up to the individual to decide how they want to loose the weight and if they wanted to post actual weight but others would be there to provide on line help and support both on weigh in days and during the week when the need for a [chocolate] :cake: :wine: :beer: prove to much.

I know I need what I call the "ritual humiliation" of weight loss clubs , which in effect is the fact that on a particular day I have to acknowledge to other how I have faired in the previous 7 days.

anybody any other thoughts or comments?

if we didn't want to share our sucess with the world and his wife we could always post in the members only bit (Again would this be ok moderators)

Just an idea , would love to know if others would be up for it?

ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:09 am

I've moved you all into the Weight Issues part of the forum as it's more suitable for the topic, and it won't get lost in with the other topics we have.

I'm another affected by the weight gain problem. I almost doubled in weight at first as I was mis~dx'd and put on a cocktail of meds that didn't do anything for me. Once more FM things started to appear and I was given the dx, I came off the other meds and lost about half of what I had gained. Unfortunately that was as far as it went as the FM cocktail started to increase in amount and potency.

When I was told I had diabetes last year, I was given info about the BHF diet which I started to follow and it was very slowly reducing my weight, about half a pound a week. Unfortunately this year, with various things that have happened I've basically lost the plot diet~wise, and altho I have only floated up and down by 3~4lbs, the fact that I haven't been able to keep my momentum going is now starting to fuel some of those really unhelpful demons :oops: :oops: :oops: I've even resorted to things that I did as a teenager to crash weight off me, and all that has done is make me feel even worse :oops: :oops: :oops:

I've just started some sessions with our CFS Service and one of the things covered is diet, so I'm hoping that it will help with finding my motivation mojo so I can start to challenge the demons that are constantly trying to take over :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Here's the linky to the BHF guide http://www.bhf.org.uk/publications/view ... ps=1000807

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:12 am

Here's the bit for making general posts, but if anyone wants to make a more detailed/personal or start a topic, then the Private Members Only part is where to put it as it will only be seen by members who are logged in.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby TIFFANY406 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:20 pm

I'd be up for that ISM!
TIFFANY406
UKFM Member

Postby Katybennett » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:01 am

I have tried slimming world, weight watchers, rosemary conerly , lighter life(very drastic) and Atkins. Also looked at the hay diet and a few others. I joined slimming world in September and lost 1 stone 2lb before Christmas. Gone all to pot again and I know I have put on. I'm going back on Friday to see how much and try and get going again. Everyone looses so quickly and mine is soooooo slow. Very hard to stay focused.
Katybennett
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:13 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to Weight Issues