[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Weight loss weigh in

Weight loss weigh in

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Weight loss weigh in

Postby lolabolla » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 am

Hi to the Mods

I just had to start trying to lose weight and begun 'healthier' eating last Wednesday 3rd October after a visit to the dietician at our GP's.

I'm embarrased to say I weighed 17.125, almost 18 stone :yikes:

I'm hoping to post my weekly weigh-in every Monday morning and would love it if the Mods could make this a sticky for anyone else who wants to post their weight.

Maybe we can swap tips, recipes, new ideas, before and after photos :oops: and generally give each other support and encouragement to lose the weight.

How about a countdown till Christmas, we all try to look good for Christmas don't we.

So here I go:

I'm 52 years old, 5'3" and this morning I weigh 17st 9lb in old money which is 112.2 kl or 247 lbs

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Re: Weight loss weigh in

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:23 am

hi Lola, If you need a weigh in buddy I would be more than happy to sign up. My aim I think would be to stop gaining weight. Loosing any would be a bonus, as I think the mixture of meds and the lack of exercise is meaning I seem to be gaining 3-4lbs every week!!

So far I have put on ...far too much since changing meds in May! it is really making me feel down plus I can't keep up with needing to buy new clothes. I have gone from a size 16 - a good size 20 /22 in a matter of a few months. I now tend to wear just jogging bottoms/jeggings and a long tunic top when I can get them ! The main aim is to stay comfy as other more formal clothes have tended to cause probles with the fibro¬

Today my weight is 16 stone 9lb , not sure what that is in new money as I personally think weighing in lbs or kg make your weight seem so much more .

I am 5'4'' so am starting to resemble those little weeble things my nephew used to play with when he was small.

Still remember the strap line from the ad....Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!

Have started exercising again by joining a gym (don't panic nothing too strenuous ..I have bad bac k and bad fatigue so currently try and walk for 5 minutes in the pool and then have a jaccussi and a sauna after. As it is a reduced weekly rate for between 10.00 - 16.00hrs even x2 a week is good value

:fingerscrossed: for even a stabilising of my weight for next week.

:goodluck2: and will try and post again next week.

ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:42 am

:wave:

I'll put this on the weight board as it wont get lost there and theres many topics that may help for recipies etc

I also tried as you may have read loosin weight, Managed to shift a stone and its still off ! :-D but not carried on. I was doing well then my nan passed away and all went downhill and not had the motivation to get back on trak (YET) but will do in time! :-D

I hope all goes well for you :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:51 pm

:goodluck1: ladies
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Taz » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:21 pm

I am also trying to loose weight, so far 1 stone and 7lbs in 3 months, I used to be a body builder and had a body
to be proud off, now I still have the muscles but they are covered with fat, being diabetic and having heart problems
as well as Fm are making this the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but I need to do this for my health and
my own dignity :roll: it's a slow and painfull process, I can't use the gym or any normal methods, even swimming is painfull
but I have a target and won't stop even though I have set myself a do able goal of loosing 3 stone by next may.
I will let you know how I get on
NEVER EVER GIVE UP OR IT'S ALL OVER
Taz
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:02 am

Good luck Taz and well done so far !
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:39 am

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: All of you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Losing even half a pound a week will make a difference :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:21 am

thanks FP,

Even staying the same would be an achievement !!!

Keeping off the sugary nice things and less carbs....very hard when you are a serial comfort eater!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:08 am

I think it affects most of us at some point, the serial comfort eating [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: I'm part of the gang and my worse thing is [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] It makes my migraines worse, and whenever I have a bit, it seems to trigger some sort of self destruct mechanism as I then have to keep eating it to see how much it will take to set off a full~blown, nuclear migraine :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: And that's before I start to think about the other problems that fuel the eating :facepalm: :facepalm: :wine: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby danny77 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:11 pm

im trying to gane wate as loosing it geing very wored about it seems to be about 1kg a month larst year i was 13ston now just 11 i have never been this light eating choclet not helping ! it all comeing off my musels i have been trying to keep up with a bit of wates and gadening but i'm stugling to lift thinking and move stuff on farm! i rley dont no whot to do about it
danny77
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:22 pm

With what you've described Danny, it sounds like you need to talk to your GP about this. There may be help available to help you stabilise, then start building back up again.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby bbreckra » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:02 am

Hello,
Since this fibro fully kicked in 3+ years ago (ive had symptoms since i was 7) I had gone from a size 14/16 to a 24/26!!!! argh! Just being in pain and no longer able to hit the gym 6 days a week plus swim 4 times and my love of anything sweet!!!! I used crutches and a wheelchair! :-( It kills me wen ur brain wants to do something and your body says not a chance!!!! Well in April I decided I had to do something so decided to retrain my mind and start eating smaller portions and have a few treats a week instead of cakes sweets and chocolate every night! Now I have lost 8 stone in the last 7 months just from will power!

Rebecca
bbreckra
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:10 am

So.............

First weigh in and still weigh the same.

Soooooo pleased that I have not put any extra on but a little disappointed with no loss. Hey ho tomorrow is another day :-D

Well done Bbrecka, brilliant loss :welldone:

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:17 am

Serious :welldone: Rebecca .....You will be my inspiration for the next few months.

As I said last week only staying the same would be an achievement ...... Had to buy some more clothes during the week as I was going out to family gathering (usually in the same jogging bottoms & top ) and ended up with a 22 bottom half and 24 top!

I have tried really hard to limit the :cake: [chocolate] with the tea & :coffee1: :coffee2: :coffee_cup: and have gone to eating off a smaller plate ( although not sure actual meal times were my problem more the snacking)

well W-day (weigh day ) has arrived and so I have just gone on the scales to see what the verdict is. .......... Have lost .........2LB :woot: :woot: :woot:

Early day but soooooo pleased . :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

thanks for your support

ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:57 am

Well done all of you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Rebecca, 8 stone is amazing :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: It just shows how making a few changes to what and how and when you eat can make a vast difference :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice start to your week ISM :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Here's to the next ones that fall off :cup1: :cup1:

Lola, managing to stay the same is much better than gaining, altho I more than understand that niggling bit at the back of things. As you've said, tomorrow is another day. The changes you've made so far show that you're very close to that point where you start losing, so maybe a little more tweaking of things is all you need to kick start the weight loss :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

Here's to a few more being lost over the coming weeks :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Next

Return to Weight Issues