ATOS say yes - DWP say no

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby miller » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:03 pm

hi i just got my paper work from DWP as i have been turned down for support group (but left in wrag with no money because my contributions have ended) . I was a little surprised when i read the decision maker has disagreed with the healthcare profesional, has this happened to anyone else? isnt it usually atos that people have problem with. Needless to say i am going to appeal :crazy: :( :roll:
miller
UKFM Member

Re: ATOS say yes - DWP say no

Postby miller » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:09 am

Ha ha forget what i just posted, just read letter again and atos professional said 0 points and the decision maker has disagreed with that and awarded me 15 points not enough for support group though , feel a bit silly but i am sure you will all understand :oops:
miller
UKFM Member

Postby lornajhughes » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:15 am

as far as i know if you get 15 points or more you are entitled to the support group, check it out and appeal regardless
lornajhughes
UKFM Newbie

Postby lornajhughes » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:19 am

i applied for ESA with the ESA50 form as normal and after 13 weeks i got te reply which said i had been put into the WRAG group, i immediatly appealed their decision, it took 7 months for my to receive the result of the appeal and it was found in my favour, and i am now in the support group,
on the paperwork from ATOS the nurse who processed my application (i never received a medical) stated that i was significantly disabled, however the decision maker stated that i shoould be placed in the WRAG group. in the appeal letter i asked if the decision could be looked at again and a new decision be based on the opinion of the nurse who initially assessed my application.

i was flabergasted when i won my appeal. so i would say to anyone who has been placed in the WRAG group to appeal, you never know you might just win.

lorna
lornajhughes
UKFM Newbie

Postby kathmoore1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:36 am

What is WRAG?
kathmoore1
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:37 am

Hi folks

The WRAG is the "work related activity group" and you can be put into this with a marker stating "limited work capabilities". They do this if you are borderline for the support group as there are limitations on your ability to work. You still have to attend interviews and if on ESA C you wont continue to recieve money after 52 weeks. If you find yourself in this group ask for a reconsideration as this is a quicker decision to make so more cases can be looke at. Also ask for a copy of the statement of reasons which basicaly is a copy of the medical report and the decision makers full decision point by point.

You can always appeal if the recon fails but as these cases take longer to do not as many are dealt with in the same time line as recons.

Once you have the reports its easier to see were theyve gone wrong etc.But unfortuneatley 15 points doesnt guarantee the support group .

Good Luck and :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby kathmoore1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:56 pm

I haven't been put into any group and I've been off work for a year. I started getting ESA in April.
kathmoore1
UKFM Member

Postby Krum13 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:45 am

Hi every body, I am krum13.
I am new to this thread. I recently have failed atos examination. Guess what I found out when I complained about the atos doctor.
I was told via a letter that it was not a medical examination at all. It was twenty questions that the atos doctor writes and completes.
A mere questionaire. I appealed in July this year. The appeal tribunial sent back my appeal and
Told me to complain about the useless atos doctor. So I did. I told these people that this doctor who works
For atos did not have the correct disapline in fibro myalgia. He I'd not have any training in fibro.
He measured my knee cap. Checked my eye sight. Checked my meds. And sat in my bedroom just writing. He asked
Me only 3 questions. He should not of touched me. He was only suposed to ask me a series of questions.
Hope you are all takin note of this.
I have been informed that if this doctor gets one more complaint he is out of a job...
I am now back to the appeals point and waiting to hear about a tribunial date.
I started my claim in march this year. It's a joke. These doctors are the doctors who can not get jobs as GPs
Or in NHS hospitals. They work for atos cause they can not get employment anywhere eles.
They are only trained to fail everybody that applies for benefits. Trained chimps.
I am looking forward to my tribunial. DWp have a lot to answer for. Medical examination my arse...
Krum13
UKFM Newbie

Postby pixiecat » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:50 am

HI

I was put in the WRAG group in April, I have put in an appeal and am just waiting now

I have asked them 3 times about how many points I got and have never been told just that to go into support group
isnt based on points but the discriptors??

All I know is that the nurse who assesed my esa50 form states that she doesnt expect me to return to work for 2 yrs??

Lorraine
pixiecat

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits