[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Weight loss weigh in

Weight loss weigh in

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Weight loss weigh in

Postby sknowles456 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:13 pm

I used to be a gym bunny and weighed 9 stone, i am now 5 stone heavier, i was 14 and a half stone and a size 18 - i am quite tall, but i lost half a stone by not eating carbs at teatime but when i go and stay with my mum at the weekend she always has chocolate and i cant help myself. I cannot shift down from 14 stone but am going to try cutting down the treats at the weekend. Good luck everyone! Suzy x
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Postby bbreckra » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:51 pm

Well done staying the same is an achievement! ive had no will power this week as ive been in pain!!! pain does make me eat as well as amitripiline! Ive eaten all my stash of haribo (well they are fat free even if they are loaded with sugar) sometimes u have to have something nice! :twisted: Its keeping the weight off that i find hard! Im determined that I will this time have loss 6 stone before and put it all back on plus more! :oops:
bbreckra
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:49 am

Hi Folks
as it is officially Monday I thought I could update my weigh in ........I know its a stupid time of the Morning but what else can you do when everyone else is asleep and they have been complaining about my night time wanderings.

I am now down another 2lb from my start weight ..so now weigh 16st 5lb :woot: :woot: :bear-dancing:

Any way this week has had its ups and downs ..........went back to the gym and got my friend a free 2 week pass so it was nice to have company. We both just stayed in the pool and I walked a few lengths ,while she swam , we then had a jaccussi/sauna and a sit in the steam room. Came home with lovely relaxed muscles and feeling really good.

Next day the sky fell in I had obviously over done the lengths ( that 'll teach me to walk 4 x 25m in an hour!)

Still at least I know this week to only walk 2 lengths! Oh how the mighty have fallen , it was not that long ago I was walking many miles when out & about with my job.

So despite all the hassle following the gym , I have been reasonably good and reduced the biscuits and the slices of toast with the tea .it is really hard given I am a comfort eater and a biscuit with a cup of tea seems just the normal thing to do .

Something seems to be working so I am really chuffed , will keep you informed next week of how things develop.

:goodluck2: to the rest of you

xx ISM

Was going to give myself a wee reward every 7lbs any thought what I can do that doesn't include food. :lol:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby lolabolla » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:19 am

At last................. 2 lb off this week and even went out for a meal for mums birthday at the weekend :-D

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:07 am

Well done Lola...to loose weight even after you are out for a meal shows great committment!

Good luck this week ..remember we are doing this one day at a time ....or in my case one hour at a time as I am easily corrupted with
:cake: [chocolate] :wine: :coffee2: :cake: [chocolate] :wine: :coffee1:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:48 pm

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: Nice loss for both of you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:42 pm

:welldone: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:56 pm

:welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: all of you its so hard but you are all doing so well :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Thanks folks really appreciate the comments , feel better even after loosing just the few pounds , no more bigger dress size !!!!
You're right Denys it is really hard , I have a really big sweet tooth and would not have dinner if I could have a crunchie bar instead, so trying not to eat sweet stuff is a killer especially as there has been a birthday in the house recently and so there is lots of sweet stuff about.

Heres to a new week .......
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:02 am

Well new week was a bit of a downer lots happening and stress levels up so it was plenty of cups of tea and a biscuit or two just because....the end result is no weight loss ..but at least I didn't put on any.

Onwards and downwards , have another week ahead of me and at least I know where I went wrong..BAN THE BICCIE!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Well the BAN THE BICCIE campaign obviously didn't work as I was a total emotional eater this week.

I've put on 2 lb so that will have to go before I started my downward journey again.

I guess its a bit like getting lost in a new part of the country , you have to find your way back to the road before you go forward on your journey.

here's hoping for a better week, on all counts, less pain, less problems = less food
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby lolabolla » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Fibro fog...............forgot to weigh in last week doh!!!!!!

Anyway this week just the 1lb off.

God only knows how because I have been eating for England, I think it must be the change in the weather :roll:

Well done to everyone for trying their best this week.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:46 pm

Ban the biccie still not working although haven't put anything else on.

It is 7ish weeks until Xmas and I have been invited out for an Xmas dinner with friends from work. Given 99% of them haven't seen me for 6 months since coming off on S/L and starting on some of my weight gaining meds I totally refuse to go wearing a sack! Surley that must be a motivation for me especially as they are all about a size 8-10 ....one of my legs would be bigger than that!

Then again as OH kindly keeps saying ..you have bigger things to worry about at the moment sure don't I love you what ever weight you are? OH's you may not always lke them but ......they do have thier moments :lol:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:12 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Add it to the range FP I see Dragons Den again! :lol: :lol:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular