[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - ESA...

ESA...

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA...

Postby darkcyde » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi all - I've been away for a while, but I'm back.

I have a question regarding ESA - I do not receive any payments from ESA either Income Based or Contribution Based, because my wife earns too much, and I've not paid enough stamp, so they are only paying my NI....fair enough.

Had a letter from Benefits Office this morning stating that my ESA has been stopped so my HB & CTB stops too. Phoned DWP and apparently I've been mistakenly marked down as working....fat chance....so they have corrected the information at their end.

Phoned Benefits Office and they now say that as I'm not receiving any monies from ESA, I'm not entitled to any HB or CTB - I explained that I'm technically awarded ESA, it's just cancelled out by my wifes part time earnings.

Who is right here?? Bearing in mind that we've been paid HB/CTB since March without any problems and the situation hasn't changed!
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Re: ESA...

Postby cornish64 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi, if you go onto your local councils website, they have a benefits calculator for HB and CT, put in your details, doestn ask your name, just your income,age etc and it will tell you how much you are entitled to, its based on your incoming money, my son in law works part time, my daughter is at home, no children yet, not on esa, but they get most of their rent and ct paid, hope this helps :-)
cornish64
UKFM Newbie

Postby darkcyde » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Well, yes....if your daughter is at home but not claiming any JSA or ESA and they are getting HB & CTB then that answers the question.

One thing tho, is she not under pressure to look for a job??
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:53 pm

You need to do a joint claim for HB/CTB and put in your wifes pay slips and they will calculate how much your entitled in deductions.

This as said above you can work out now so your on there toes ;-)

Can your wife claim for working tax credit? maybe try that calculator to which you can get searchin mr googly :-D just to see if your able to.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby zappa20 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:13 am

Benefit calculator for tax credits etc on www.turn2us.org.uk
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits