Buxton or High Peak want to meet?

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Buxton or High Peak want to meet?

Postby gill » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi anyone in these areas with fibro like to meet up for a coffee? 49 yr old,had this about 12 yrs,diagnosed 7...Im not currently in a support group,as none anywhere nearby......Many Thanks,Gill.
gill
UKFM Member

Re: Buxton or High Peak want to meet?

Postby Hazey-haze » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:56 pm

Hi , I have only just joined the forum , i live in Whaley Bridge , age 45 , i was diagnosed about eight years ago , and have been struggling on , just been turned down for DLA for a second time , because i can walk for 200 metres although in agony and slowly , yet i know people who can damn near run to the pub, who have all the lot , mobility car and badge etc and they only seem to develope a limp when they go to the hospital , so bloody unfair :facepalm: ......Haze
Hazey-haze
UKFM Newbie

Postby animalhouse » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:07 pm

hi, i'm tracey from matlock but could not see one closer.

we are in the best place for a condition like this aren't we .........

i only have to walk out of my front door and i live at the top of a very steelp hill. applied for dla - think i should get it on that basis alone - not<< :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

i am 39 recently developedfibro after having a car accident in february and as well as pains from soft tissue damge from initial accident (nothing broken), i have also developed other fibro symptoms bad sleep, pains all way down arms and leges, back, wrists and hands.

i was lucky to get diagnosed straight away as i was a student nurse 1/2 way through my course and other half worked for nhs as a pen pusher so we kept knowing what buttons to push and reading all these boards help me to point gp in right direction.

now i am just coming to terms with all these lift changes.

:wave: :wave: :wave: TRACEY
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby gill » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi Tracey
Thanks for your reply....I had read your other posts...I think there is a support group in Derby,not too bad for you ,but too far for me! I also used to attend the Chesterfield one,when was with my ex,but now i have no transport.Yes you are right about the hills! It seems to be a matter of adapting your life,and pacing self..I rarely go anywhere in the evenings,besides having a 9yr old,I simply havent got any energy left.Take care....Gill.
gill
UKFM Member

Postby maxtomads » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi gill. Just searching through & came across you. I'm in glossop if you fancy meeting for coffee?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Return to Support Groups