[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello and help!

Hello and help!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello and help!

Postby audrey1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi there
I was diagnosed with fybromyalgia in August and am currently having lidocaine shots and 30mg duloxetine, I live in kingston upon thames borough and wondered if anyone has a support group going in the area or would like to start one? I work full time but am signed off due to an acute flare up recently, I occupational health and it looks like I won't be going back for a bit to work.
I would like to ask if anyone has experience with extreme fatigue after a flare up? since I stopped working i've been exhausted and need to sleep after doing any activity :( i'm sleeping around 12 hours at night and 3/4 hours during the day and have never known anything like it! im also struggling to do basic things like make food, wash its something else!!
Please let me know if you've had this and anything that helped??
xxxxxx
audrey1
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello and help!

Postby maxtomads » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:09 pm

I have the extreme fatigue & find it far more debilitating than any of the other symptoms. Have you read the 'spoons' theory? It helped me to understand how to pace myself better.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby audrey1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:12 pm

thanks :) im going to look that up nice to know im not losing it xxxx
audrey1
UKFM Newbie

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:19 pm

hi audry, what you are saying is very comen and we all should listen to our bodys and when it says stop i want a recharge we must.

you have probabley been pushing yourself for a long time and now you have the chance to rest up your body is telling you how much rest it needs.

like has been said we need to learn to pace not easy i know but we must keep trying.

hope you feel better soon

take carexx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby diane1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi :welcome:

Thats quite a normal experience with fibro . The tiredness is hard to explain but I say its like being in a lead suit that stops you moving easily so you dont bother. Even lifting a cup can be an effort. Like the others have said pacing is a big thing, Ive learnt it over the years but still sometimes forget (fibro Fog) :!: and when I have a good day try to do what what I used to only to fall flat a day or two later.

You do get used to it over time and not having to work makes it even easier as you dont struggle to get to work when you should be resting. I found things so much easier after leaving work. It was a struggle financially at first but once it was all sorted out and the stress eased I could concentrate on me and the fibro. I now still have the same pain etc but can deal with it better, if I need to have a nap I can etc.

So look after no.1 as no one else will and pace yourself.

:blowkiss:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum audrey :wave: :wave:

This linky http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/fm-suppor ... roups.html takes you to the Support Groups page on the main site. From there you can see if there is one in your area. If there isn't anything listed, you could try Googlying your area and fibromyalgia and see what come up. If that doesn't bring anything up, try again using CFS/ME. Sometimes a support group will cover both conditions.

You're very definitely not losing it, altho it does feel like it at times :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: I've had times when I could sleep the century away, it's part of FM, sometimes we could sleep forever :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: and at other times we can't get any sleep at all :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fatigue is also a part of FM, and it feeling worse at times is part of it :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: As MB has already said, it tends to be your body telling you you've done too much and that you need to ease back off things to let them settle back down.

For things that might help you in doing things, there is a board with all sorts advice about what has helped each of us, that might be somewhere to start. And you can ask about different things that you may need help with. As FM affects all very differently, asking about a particular problem you may be experiencing will tend to give you a variety of answers as we each deal with the same problem in our own way.

Anything else you're wondering about, just post about it and we'll see how we can help you with it :wave: :wave: :wine: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby audrey1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 pm

thank you so much everyone :-) its so wonderful to know you are not alone with this much love xxxxx
audrey1
UKFM Newbie

Postby sparky630 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 pm

:welcome: Audrey

You are certainly not going mad honey. I've had fm for just over 3 yrs and the fatigue is a killer for me.
I only found this forum a few weeks ago and it has been a lifesaver for me

If ur body is saying u need to rest then I have found the best way of dealing with it is to just sleep. If I'm in a flare up the easiest way for me to get out of it is to sleep myself out of it.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :wave:
sparky630
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:18 pm

:welcome: to the forum Audrey :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello