[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi want to make friends ( swansea wales)

Hi want to make friends ( swansea wales)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby gypsydoll » Thu May 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi everyone I am in Swansea, South Wales and really want to make some new friends. I am 25 years old, I love animals and I make and sell jewellery. I am a bit of an animal rights activist (nothing crazy like chaining myself to posts) lol. I am engaged have been for many years but my illness is putting me off getting married for now due to the energy of planning etc. So that is a little bit about myself :).
gypsydoll
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi want to make friends ( swansea wales)

Postby xcookiex » Thu May 17, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi :) I'm from bridgend (not 2 far). I'm 23, engaged with a 2 and a 5yr old. I don't no anyone around me with fibro. Wud b nice 2av sum1 who understands.

How bad is ur fibro? How long av u had it? X
xcookiex
UKFM Member

Postby fibroqueenie » Fri May 18, 2012 6:16 am

Hi there,

Just wanted to say hi to you both. Hope your not in too much pain. If you are both interested in meeting new fibro friends in cyber space, then please let me know if you would like to join our fb group. A page has been set up for fibro sufferers in the South West area. So far, we have members from Wales, Bridgwater, Taunton & Bristol. We are all a friendly bunch & advice is offered to those seeking it. The group was set up as members of a UK Fibro Facebook page were interested in meeting fellow sufferers in the area. So if you would like to join the page & meet new friends who also suffer with this chronic condition, please let me know x
fibroqueenie
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri May 18, 2012 9:47 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri May 18, 2012 12:18 pm

:welcome: to the forum gypsydoll :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gypsydoll » Sat May 19, 2012 12:00 am

Hello everyone thank you for welcoming me :). I have had fibromyalgia nearly 8 years, started after I had mumps. it varies, I can't work or drive anymore most of my time is spent in the house but I am lucky I have people who take me out and about. how about u?
gypsydoll
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibroqueenie » Sat May 19, 2012 6:42 am

Hi gypsy doll, nice to meet you!

Sorry to hear that you have been suffering with fibro for so long. I was only diagnosed last year & am still getting used to being in pain every day. It's been an uphill struggle for me to see drs who will actually listen to me when i tell them about my symptoms. Hope you have a nice weekend & i look forward to getting to know you. Hope you have a pain free weekend x
fibroqueenie
UKFM Member

Postby xcookiex » Sat May 19, 2012 7:49 am

Oh I don't no how u av coped for 8yrs! My symptoms started after the birth of my son, and I was diagnosed a year ago.

I am stuck in the house every day. I honestly leave the house once a month 4my gp appointment,and half the time i don't even do that and av 2get a home visit cos I cnt move.

Wat meds ru on? Do u find any help? X
xcookiex
UKFM Member

Postby shelleydwales » Sun May 20, 2012 10:07 am

Hi gypsydoll, I'm from Cardiff but have spent a lot of time in Swansea over the years as my dd gets treatment at morriston hosp.
Nice to meet you. :)) xx
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby Helen07 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:48 pm

From Swansea too. I go to local support groups and find that a real help. We meet up outside the group too... There are a few who do jewellery, too.....so you'll have other things in common! Pm me for more info. Take care
Helen07
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lindiriel » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi

I'm in Swansea too. I'm much older than you as I'm 52 but I make jewellery too and love animals. We foster parrots for a bird refuge and all the cats and dogs we've had over the years have mostly been rescued.

I have two grandsons aged 5 and 2 as well.

Kath :-D
Lindiriel
UKFM Member

Postby jaffasmum » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:48 pm

Hi

I know these posts are old but I am in Swansea too. I am both old and new to fibro, was diagnosed at 12 but symptoms subsided until a few years ago and now at 41 it's back with a vengeance :(
jaffasmum
UKFM Newbie

Postby Gilly52 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:01 am

Hi jaffasmum
You post tonight took me back to a long post I posted just last week....on Relapse years later

That is exactly what happened to me....I had strong symptoms in my 30 's....had to give up my job after struggling for 3 years but after 2 years at home I slowly got better and was able to return to my job in accountancy.

However there were a few hiccups...but I always managed to get back on track....enjoying my job, my family, travelling , etc etc,until aged 49 I got a nasty throat virus followed by a very sudden and debilitating menopause....and that started everything off again....just this time I am now aged 64 and still struggling, 15 years on......not so lucky to go into remission again.

It is interesting to learn from others on here what has happened to us a long the way

I hope you are having a pain free time as possible....pain is awful....but sometimes I find the fatigue very hard to cope with also.

Gilly x
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Postby heather trippett » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:04 am

hi :welcome: im heather age 39 and from SWANSEA diagnosed by rheumatologist xmas2015 with fibro n cfs been had symtoms for 8 yrs these last 3 have been the worst docs look at me as though im crazy :yikes: loads of meds well seen a couple of post from swansea ill be ur friend :-P and u docs can do 1 :shooting: lol get in touch gypsey
heather trippett
UKFM Member

Postby boxesgirl33 » Sun May 08, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi I'm from Llandeilo it's about 30 miles from Swansea I would love to meet up with fellow fibro sufferers if you would like to feel free to add me on face book my name Rhian Jones my background picture is an old school one if you cant find me or are not on Facebook message me on here. Hope your all having as good a day as you can sending gentle hugs xxxx
boxesgirl33
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello