[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - It's just one thing after another...

It's just one thing after another...

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

It's just one thing after another...

Postby csangel » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 pm

So I was back at my lovely GPs last week (really nice lady but only works Tuesdays... typical!) for a general check and see how things are going, and I think she must have jinxed it by saying "you're doing really well"...... :-?

Wednesday comes, and I wake up with the most stinking cold ever... thought I had got away without catching this one but apparently not. managed to drag myself into work and struggle through the day until I woke up on Thursday and decided I had to give in to it. Everything else had flared up and felt awful so I had the rest of the week off work and was feeling ok on the weekend although still full of cold.

Yesterday I started with a chesty cough that really tired my chest muscles and made me hurt :( Went to work anyway and battled through trying to catch up with last week that I'd missed. This morning however, I kept pressing snooze on my alarm :sleep: :sleep: , until I decided I really needed to get up so I didn't have to rush around too much, and then realised I was stuck.... not just 'I'm so tired I don't want to go to work' but physically couldn't move.... :cry: :cry: anyone else experienced this?! Tried to ring my hubby - he was out at work early, but couldn't get through, so did what anyone else would have done and rang my mum.

Wasn't panicking at this point, but she really didn't understand when I said it wasn't that I didn't want to move, I actually couldn't. She came out with how my dad was like that this morning, he was really tired, but once you get up you can get going and it'll be ok... yeah... right. Put the phone down and started crying... really worried now because I still couldn't move... :cry: (could move my arms, but my legs felt like dead weights and my brain couldn't connect to the muscles to move them...???)

anyways eventually managed to summon some unknown energy from somewhere and get myself downstairs, legs wobbling all over the place and in no fit state for anything. Decided I really needed to go to the doctors, this wasn't normal and it really worried me :-? Rang work and told them I wasn't going to be in and managed to get an appointment with my nice understanding doctor - it's Tuesday, lucky coincidence?! she listened to my story and asked a few questions, then decided to check out my cough, etc. Took my temperature - oh, you've got a high fever. That was unexpected! Turns out I have quite a bad viral infection, so have been signed off work and told to look after myself and rest up. Kind of a relief actually, but still worried about the getting stuck thing... was on my own and luckily managed to get a friend to take me to the doctors, but really don't want it to happen again... :cry: :cry:

Kind of went off on one there, sorry! Not really sure what I was aiming for, needed a rant and just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same thing and has any tips... feel relieved I can just chill for the rest of the week, but work won't be happy about it... :roll:
Health is not valued until sickness comes. ~Thomas Fuller
csangel
UKFM Member

Re: It's just one thing after another...

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:19 am

Rant away after all sometimes thats all we need !

Sounds really scary, so can understand you fear and confusion. :sick:

There is a very nasty cough going around at the moment so you are not alone. Do as the GP says get plenty of rest , warm fluids ( if going to be on your own for part of the day & in bed , it might be an idea to fill a flask with hot water that way you can always make a hot drink without going downstairs) and some other fluids to stop you dehydrating.

Hope you start to feel better soon but don't be surprised if it takes a day or two, so content yourself and rest up .

:hugs:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby csangel » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:40 pm

Thank you it did help to rant! It was very strange beause I didn't feel like I had a temperature or anything more than just a cough and a flare, so was a bit of a surprise I was actually ill with something else! :crazy:

Am feeling a bit better today. Thank you for the tip about the flask :-) Have given in to it now and am taking it easy, catching up with some girly telly and resting. Feels really nice to not worry about what I need to do tomorrow, or where I need to be. I think I've been needing a bit of time off, just didn't admit it to myself before now :roll:
csangel
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:57 pm

:grouphug: Hope you feel better soon csangel :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby csangel » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:23 am

Thank you. I'm feeling better than I was, still not back to normal though :-?

Have gone back to work today - had a fair bit of time off recently, only odd days but it's adding up, and my boss isn't the easiest at understanding. Still had a bit of a temp last night, but back to normal in the day so I hope I'm on my way back to normal :crazy:

Hubby is being good and looking after me. Plus I have to go to hospital on Wednesday morning for some results, so will get a bit of a lie in then. Not ideal going back to work still ill, but not a lot I can do about it really...

Gentle hugs to you all :-)
csangel
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping