[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - dla turned down flat

dla turned down flat

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dla turned down flat

Postby annrotherham » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:44 pm

hi all. well it took 21 weeks for them to say no to any component. i carnt belive the decision. i have fibromialgia. ostio arthritus of my spine hip and hand. i asked for a reconsideration.the gp gave me a copy of the letter she sent them and it was excellent but they chose to ignore this. i have chronic pain and fatigue i am also incontinent of urine and have been for 12 year all operations failed. the atos doctor told me if i didnt get dla to appeal. so how do the make a decision. it was may when i appied since then i have to use a wheel chair out doors. i have been assesed and i am waiting for a stair lift and wet room as i cannot get in the bath. i have worked all my life im 53 and have not worked for a year. i was placed in the support group without even haveing a medical. but turned down flat for dla.
my financial situation at the moment is desperate. what do i do next. i have sent in another letter from my gp but dont hold out any hope
annrotherham
UKFM Member

Re: dla turned down flat

Postby babajane32 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:01 pm

HI, was in same boat and got appeal turned down, but my docs info was not good..just aknowledged conditions but no comment on anything else, was awaiting ot etc and continance clininc. ....definately appeal, but they will/can ignore any info dated after your initial application date and appeal will take months...but fully backdated if sucessfull and sounds like you have a pretty good case...go to cab and ask them to help with appeal.
In the mean time make a fresh dla appeal immideately as your need have worsened (things like wheelchair etc)..and if you dont have a blue badge,get a form and ask your doc to fill it in and get one....i thought u had to get hrm dla to get a blue badge!! silly me, spoke to gp and he immediately told me to get him a form and now have that which really helps. ..and above all good luck!
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby gary15871 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:11 pm

keep fighting appeal then reapplyand appeal ask cab to help you with paperwork when reapply my first claim was lost at tribunal i reapplyedto be turned down again i then went on to ask for reconsideration which they said no change in dission then went to appeal 6 months later when i was diagnosed and had names for every thing they decided that to withdraw appeal and over rode the dission i got high rate moility and middle care rate for 2 yrs just had renewal confirmed and now on same rates till 2016 it took me 18 months to get it so worth the fight in the end although does cause stress and finacial difficulty but keep fighting you will get there in the end
gary15871
UKFM Member

Postby annrotherham » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:31 pm

thankyou for your replys. you say they wont take into consideration wheel chair stair lift etc. as it was after the date i applied. does this mean i will have to make a new claim
annrotherham
UKFM Member

Postby babajane32 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:48 pm

HI, you would be wise to make a new claim as they are unlikely to consider any of that in an appeal. BUT defrinately still appeal anyway (the appeal may be successfull but on a possible lower rate, but it would be backdated to your origonal claim) and a new claimcould see you awarded a higher rate or sucessfull claim...nothing to lose and appeals take months. A new claim with your newer medical evidance is likely to see a higher rate of award than the origonal informations so hedge your bets.....appeal the origonal claim, you may just eventually get something that will be backdated......and start a new claim with your new medical evidance and you are likely to hear from that sooner with the potential of a higher award from the date of your new claim.... There is nothing to stop you making a new claim whilst an appeal is in process if you condition has worsened, which it sounds like it has and your adaptations and wheelchair etc will help back that up.
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby gary15871 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:51 pm

gary15871
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Don't give up. It has taken me 8 months but finally after refusing to go to the tribunal because of the distress both mentally and physically it cause me and then they sending out an amazing Dr i finally got HRM and LRC. My walking and my balance is atrocious. As for ESA they are determined that they will get me back to work even though i have just been discharged from work due to ill health and have applied for ill health retirement. I think the whole system is idiotic. They should put both systems together and sack half of them that will save them some money :pull-hair: :shooting: :banghead:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Jo43 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:40 pm

Make a new claim whilst you're appealing. You have to look at the questions carefully, because they are based on a normal day, not on your worse days and they ask you what you can do. You can tell them what your worse days and best days are but the forms are based on your normal days. For instance, it asks how far you can walk without pain. Well, I can't walk at all without severe pain. I struggle using a walking stick though, although do sometimes for balance, because it makes me walk funny and then the other side of my back/hips and other leg starts to hurts and it hurts the hand/arm/shoulder of the one I use to lean on which sets all my spine off. I can't cook a meal because I am at risk of scalding myself, burning myself and cutting myself not only because of my pain and muscle weakness but because of side effects of drugs which make me dizzy and confused and I can't read simple instructions. I rarely go out alone and never to a new place as I am at risk of getting lost as I get confused, can't read instructions and I have a tendency to fall because I get dizzy and confused. Tell them the amount of incontinence accidents you have. On my bad days I am bedridden and my husband and kids have to help me to the toilet, dress me, make my food, organise my drugs etc. On a normal day I can manage some of them, but am always in severe pain and get very tired and confused, on a good day I can manage some of these things but always in pain, but it is extremely rare that I have a good day, it is more like a good hour as I can be not too bad one minute and then feel terrible for no apparent reason the next. No drugs take the pain away. Tell them how you used to be before the illness and how it effects you now. I had a really good career and was just about to sign up to be a partner and then I collapsed and have been unable to work since and it has been devastating because it gave me such self esteem, a social life and money, whereas now I am virtually house bound and all I have is four walls to look at. You really have to spell it out to them. I have been recommended to use an agency called DIAL for the next time I complete mine. Good luck. xxx
Jo43
UKFM Member

Postby gimpyphil » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi,Get a letter from your occupational therapist,I'm guessing you have one? if you don't get your gp to write to them.just might be a bit of help.

Phil.
gimpyphil
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Go to appeal as already suggested :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby isitme » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:54 pm

sorry about your fail i am in same boat.

i have orgiinal claim just passed back from upper tier beeing going on for over 2 years - overturned decision and been allowed to go to tribunal again.

renewal sent in april 2012 so had to appeal that so here we go again.

good luck.

did first one myself with oh and 2nd one with cab and didn't do any better. am hoping to get welfare rights involved from now on as cant take it anymore.
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby annrotherham » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:21 pm

hi itsme. i had dail do my claim but it didnt make any difference. i know how you feel its really getting me down. i just wish i could work then i wouldnt have to beg for money.
annrotherham
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits