[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi, I am a newbie

Hi, I am a newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi, I am a newbie

Postby monkeymadnedd » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and have been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia after having glandular fever in May and probably going back to work too early. Trying to come to terms with diagnosis and remain positive. Would welcome support and advice on how to manage with two little children, manage a house and work when feeling in constant pain. I know there is no cure but would just love to chat to others who know what I am feeling. Thanks v much x :-D
monkeymadnedd
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi, I am a newbie

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:23 pm

hi, it can be very donting at first and it can take a long time to find a balance, but we can learn to listen to our bodys as this is one way of knowing when we need to rest,

i have made changes to my home work and social life the latter being nearly zero,

we need to be able to talk about how we feel and avoid the things that make us worse .

it can help to keep a diary of what you have done level of pain and fatigue and then you can see if there is somethings you can change to help you,

use this site for help and advice as it is a tower of strength and the people are amazing.

take car and hope you get the balance soon amd start to feel a bit better.
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:13 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:32 pm

:welcome: to the forum monkeymadnedd :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is lots of info and advice on here on all sorts of subjects, so have a look round. With you being recently dx'd, you may find some answers to things you're wondering about.

There's always plenty of support for each other when we need it, we all understand what this condition does to us and how it turns everything downside up and outside in :facepalm: :facepalm:

Just ask about anything you want to know, there's a good chance someone will have soome experience of what you're wanting to know about and may have some useful info for you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:19 pm

:welcome: to the forum monkeymadnedd :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby monkeymadnedd » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi, thank you for all your replies, good too know people who gave the same experience s x
monkeymadnedd
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello