[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi all... I'm a newbie so please be gentle <3

Hi all... I'm a newbie so please be gentle <3

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Wendy_b » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi all merry Christmas. I am newly diagnosed with FM. I am really struggling with fatigue, pain and depression. Has anyone any advice for me to try and help? Xx
Many thanks
Wendy
Wendy_b
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi all... I'm a newbie so please be gentle <3

Postby Soapbubbles » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:22 pm

Hi Wendy,

Sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time at the minute.

I have found the forum really encouraging and supportive. It helps to know that others understand how you are feeling. There is so much good advice on the message boards.

There are medicines and alternative therapies etc that can help. It helps to have a sympathetic doctor too.

Be gentle with yourself and if you can, rest when you need to.
Soapbubbles
UKFM Member

Postby sparky630 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 am

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Hi Kirst :welcome: to the fotum and :santchimney1:

I like making cards and have so much stuff but I just can't do it because my fatigue and pain is so bad. Xx

Wendy I have been dx 3 yrs now and it's took me a long time to learn but if I'm struggling the sooner I go to sleep the better. I just have to sleep and sleep until I feel anything like being able to do something.

I have a disability assisstance dog as I had a spinal injury b4 the fm. I try and have one goal a day. That goal may just be walking him.
I have a diary so that I can still see wot I've done on a bad day. If I watch tv with one of my boys I write it down. A phone call , write it down so even on a bad day u have still done something.
I am keeping a diary of my pain and what pain killers I take and I speak to my GP every few wks and review things. Getting a good Dr on side is a big thing.
This forum has really helped me to see things more clearly.

The next thing is I have a plan A and a planB. So plan A might be going out with my hubby 4 coffe plan B may be I get snugged up in bed and oh goes and gets take out coffee and we sit in my bedroom and drink it, that way I don't feel like Iike I've failed.

I am really lucky as my husband is a star.
I'm lucky if.lucky is the right word that my hubby had left work to look after our children and myself after my back injury. I then got fm and he has just been there thru it all.

I hope these little tips help, please don't think I have it all sorted cause I still have those riddled.with guilt or Im a failure days.
I've got to say my dis assisst dog has changed my life a lot. He has helped the whole family, Im sure he's half human lol. There isn't a day goes by where he makes me smile/laugh. U shud have seen him chrimbo day opening his presents.

Take care ladies and be gentle with urselves
sparky630
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:18 pm

:welcome: to the forum Wendy :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1:

I've split your post and replies off from where you had made it and moved you into here as this is the board where most people say Hello :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1:

There is lots of info and advice across the boards, so having a look and read as you find your way around may throw up some helpful suggestions you could try out. FM affects us all very differently so we each have our own little ways of doing things so you may find you need to try out a few things before you find what is right for you. It can seem a bit long winded and frustrating and never ending, but you will get there with a bit of time and patience.

Just ask if there's anything else you're wondering about, there's a good chance someone will have had a similar experience and may have some useful info for you :hohoho1: :hohoho1: :hohoho1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi Wendy and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Wendy_b » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Thank you all for your encouraging words and advice. I am thinking of going to one of the groups in my area to speak to others. X
Wendy_b
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:52 pm

hi wendy :xmaswave1:

welcome to the forum :-D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:03 pm

:welcome: to the forum Wendy :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Leona » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:45 pm

It's lovely to meet you - take care :welcome:
Leona
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello