[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello Everyone

Postby hayleyd » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi everyone my name is Hayley and ive been ill with fibro for 3 years although only been treated in the last 5 months. I am 31 years old with a 6 year old and am struggling to cope with my illness as well as every day life. The doctor has put me on gabapentin and basically told me to get on with it !!! i was wondering if talking to other sufferers might help me :-D
hayleyd
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:39 pm

:welcome: to the forum Hayley :wave: :wave:

I've split your post off from where you originally made it as you'll hopefully get more replies with your own intro topic.

I'm sorry to hear that your GP is just leaving you to get on with things after putting you on Gabapentin. Having a helpful GP can help make a difference where FM is concerned. Is there a different one at your surgery that you could see instead??

There is lots of info and advice on here, as well as lots of support, so hopefully you'll find being part of our fibro family helpful :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll see if we can help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:04 pm

hi hayley
welcome to the forum
think you will find it a big help to talk to others with FM :-D
we all understand each other, even the foggy bits :lol: :lol:

good to have you with us :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby AKAzippy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi Hayley I was on gabapentin too but they made me worse. They are the cheap version of what I'm on now. pregablin which is a better medication. I can't even imagine how on earth you are coping. I'm struggling enough with two dogs let alone a child. Just take each day as it comes and get back to your docs if you aren't happy with the medication. I was told basically get on with it but there is help out there. Do a search and if you aren't happy get a second opinion.
AKAzippy
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:42 pm

:welcome: to the forum Hayley :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby hayleyd » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:14 pm

Thank you all for your lovely welcomes!! I feel better already :-D

I have already been on other medication which was no help at all! the last couple of days i have been really down with the pain and tonight im in bed as my back is really sore and i have pain all the way down my legs and in my elbows really fed up and have been crying like a baby!!

Hopefully i will find some great support on here it is nice (not meant in a horrible way) to know that i am not the only one suffering

xxx
hayleyd
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello