[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Doctor wouldn't help.

Doctor wouldn't help.

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Doctor wouldn't help.

Postby wilkoc » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi everyone. This is going to be a bit of a self-pitying moan I'm afraid as I'm feeling really fed up and low.

I had an appointment this morning with a doctor bt my surgery this morning. She is not the Dr that I normally see but I have been crippled with back pain all week and took whatever appointment I could get.

I knew it would take me longer than usual to get there so allowed myself 40 minutes to do the 20 minute walk. It took me an hour and I was late for my appointment. I explained the situation to the receptionist, who could see how much pain I was in, especially as I had pushed my pram too. She said that she would speak to the Dr and try to get her to see me even thoug I was more than 10 minutes late. The Dr refused.

I know I can't make a complaint because I was late but I just felt like bursting into tears as I had struggled to get there for nothing. I'll have to try to get a new appointment now next week as they had no more slots left, my back is even worse and I feel miserable because I'm in so much pain.
wilkoc
UKFM Member

Re: Doctor wouldn't help.

Postby denys » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:58 pm

So sorry to hear you couldnt get to your appointment in time, :fingerscrossed: you manage the next one. Is there no-one who could give you a lift :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby wilkoc » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Unfortunately not as everyone is in work. I could have got a taxi but then would have had difficulty with taking my child without a car seat, or the bus and hurt myself further getting the pram on and off again.

Just one of those days I suppose.
wilkoc
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:59 am

Don't get me started on what I am wishing for that GPat teh present , the mods would probably issue me with a 2 week ban or something!.

How horrid not to take just 5 minutes from thier day to give you the once over especially given you had walked to the surgery with the little one etc. In my surgery I have know them to ask you to wait until they have "free time " which can be when someone else is late for thier allocated slot or at the end of surgery. Given the GP's are usually the ones that run late (well in my place anyway) I think its a bit of a cheek and possibly a bit dangerous to give an outright no. If some one has made an appointment do they not have a duty of care to see them, otherwise they might miss something that could lead to a dangerous outcome.

Hope you get it rescheduled and your back pain sorted.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:39 pm

hi, if you ever feel this bad again ask for a call out,

im not saying i advocate calling them out all the time but just walking there pushing a pram could of agrivated the cause of your back pain,

dont let them get you down some drs dont see us as people but cases and they become detatched from normal emotions like caring,

i know they have rules to follor but if you were 10 min late didnt that then make her 10 min in front so what was her problem.

take care and hope you feel better soon.
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:16 am

Sorry things didn't work out as they should have done with your appt :( :( I'm surprised the GP refused to see you at all, late arrivals where I go tend to have to wait a while, but their doc will at least try to pop out and have a word with them when they get chance, or they may be offered the option of seeing another one who has a free slot if it's looking unlikely that the one they originally made the appt with can't see them :-? :-? :-?

Hope you managed to reschedule things and see someone with a touch of compassion about them :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Sorry you missed your apt, most docs would still see you especially knowing how much of a struggle it took you to get there. :goodluck1: for your next apt.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby wilkoc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:55 pm

I've got another appointment but with my usual Dr this time, so all should be good this time. Thanks for all the comments and support guys.
wilkoc
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Good luck with this one :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services