[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - DLA Refused

DLA Refused

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: DLA Refused

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Sorry to hear that your applications haven't been sucessful , have any of you used the benefits & work web site . I found it envaluable help with filling out my DLA form . For all the advice booklets you do have a yearly subscription but if sucessful it is money well spent.

Good luck with your tribunerals

Mods hope that I haven't over stepped the mark in mentioning the web site given it is a commercial organistation.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:40 pm

It's perfectly fine ISM. Benefits and Work is on a list of recommended sites that is on one of the boards.

There have been a few mentions on the forum about how much the site has helped members with their claims and that the subscription is money well spent 8-)

Powered by Fairy Dust xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby lisaward127 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi all, I have today received the report that my GP did for DLA that I requested from them. As expected the GP wasn't really clear about answers about my condition and how it effects me, all in all not a good report at all, this is the problem when you see s few GP's at one surgery. I am going to see my GP this afternoon and tell them that I want a letter from him to back up my claim.

The GP kept on referring to the attached report from the Rheumatology department and the letter doesn't really say much more than that they confirm Fibromyalgia, the letter also states that I didn't have joint pain on the day or inflammation. This makes it sound that there is nothing wrong with me at all.

Anyway the saga continues. :bricks:
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Postby DeniseJ » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:14 am

I applied for DLA for the first time over a month ago, as I have fibromyalgia and Osteoarithis in the knees, elbow and various other places. Guess what, they turned me down flat, said I could do everything I am unable to do. What a surprise. Have asked for a reconsideration and written a long letter, which due to being exhausted all the time time and having fibro-fog, took me three days to write! Wish It really was all in my mind. I'm not shocked or surprised, just very tired of having to deal with the system. x
DeniseJ
UKFM Newbie

Postby moomoos » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Today I have received my very first DLA claim form to fill in. Reading all the posts on this forum I'm scared to even start it. :cry:
moomoos
UKFM Member

DLA Refused

Postby lisaward127 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:02 pm

Moo moos don't wait to long and try and get help to complete the for. Good luck and fingers crossed xx
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:46 pm

Thanks Lisa, I got as far as getting it out of the envelope yesterday, it looks really scarey and daunting xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby relf1960 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:32 pm

i applied for dla about 3 yrs ago and got declined. i wrote a letter of appeal n was successful, i dont think they even spoke to my doc. i got low rate care n high rate mobility. on being forced to give up my job cus of mental side of fibro from the lack of sleep n cfs etc i went on esa after sickpay. as per usual, esa said no, i appealed n after a phone call from the decision maker i was reawarded it. but they told dla not to give me that benefit, so they took it back off me. im now waiting to hear if this appeal is successful.

the doctor sent for me cus e actually got a letter this time asking for medical reasons why i hould get the dla. he told me after examination n chat that there shouldnt b a prob, so im expecting to hear a good result too. if i dont i will take it to tribunal, but i hear its a 2yr waiting list. being a single parent n not working, the need for the car is the difference from me living a bit or just existing miserably n in pain. if i get this appeal excepted that is 3 times ive been put through the frustration n anxiety n hardship only for them to give me the money backdated. its nice to recieve this, but my life would av been so much easier if they did there job properly in the first place.

lucky for me i av a mum who lends me money for food when esa stopped, but i darent borrow for a car incase i dont get it back. why should we go thru all this uneccesary crap in our lifes. dont they know how much we suffer from our illness in the first place. this new government make me sick. they hand money to the rich via lower tax, they use the countries money for there 2nd homes. theyre giving the immigrants houses n paying em to live in it. us sick ppl get everything taken off us as though we r just lazy scroungers. not forgetting us loosing 20% of our housing benefit plus this new bedroom tax. i suppose there hoping we starve to death so dont av to keep us anymore.

i jut want to add that the only reasons my appeals were successfull was because i was able to write a very good letter stating in depth every little thing wrong with me. many r unfortunate not to b able to do that. please ask citizens advice for help asap if thats you. good luck all in your fights for what your entitled too n try not to get too distressed in the mean time. i have a group on fb with many petitions to sign.please pop along n help us get this uncaring greedy government out, or at least stopped from treating us appalingly. x https://www.facebook.com/pages/Advice-o ... 6096147761
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into paragraphs for easier reading.
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby lisaward127 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Just an update, I finally got my appeal in and my GP wrote a really supportive letter explaining how my condition affect me. They are looking at it again and I hope to get some news soon, it has been going since October.

Love Lisa
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Postby lisaward127 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:29 pm

I have received a letter to say that I will have a home visit by a GP, I hope that this means they are moving forward with my claim, I am so desperate for outside care so my husband can have a rest. Hope for some good news soon.
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Postby relf1960 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:39 am

lisa, sorry to b the barer of bad news,but i had my home visit last week,and its the same ATOS ppl that take every1 off esa and say there not fit to work. my so called doctor new less than me about health and the examination would have been passed by a corpse. he will not write anything down that will benefit u. they are paid extra to fail u. u must right a very long letter stating every little thing u have wrong with u. then write every little thing others do for you that u cant do yourself.then state how u feel about being ill. how u feel that u r relying on others all the time. how u worry about your future. how u will b affected if u dont win this appeal and that u will take if further if dont win this time. tell them u know the government are to blame for these wrong decisions but u dont want that to help them decide whether u r entitled to it or not. i won my esa appeal by doing this n now have done same for dla. u can ask for your medical to b recorded. they cant refuse and give u copy of the recording. either way,make a long list of things u want him to know. my examiner said he would allow me to say what wanted them to know after he asked me questions, cus 3 times i told him i would do what he asked IF he promised to write what i wanted him to tell them from me. he eventually agreed, but lied. he wrote 1 sentence n put his notebook down. if u really want to get your dla u must send the letter, and id advise u strongly to get them,u cant do it, to record it, making sure u say all u need to on the tape.good look. x
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby lisaward127 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:18 pm

I had my home visit with Atos today and I have to say that it all went well, the gentleman was polite and understanding and made it clear that I am not to do anything that cause me pain. He asked me a lot of questions regarding my conditions and how they effect me and he was thorough in completing the notes. I hope that the report will assist them in making a decision.
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Re: no light at end of tunnel

Postby babygirl1975 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:44 pm

I was diagnosed on 16th of jan this year but had been poorly for a good while before that. I applied for esa and dla in the september before without a proper diagnosis. They turned me down and stated that I could do everything I told them I couldn't!! They even reported that I could walk the 50 mtrs when I quite clearly stated I had to start using a wheelchair six months previous. We sent a review form with letter stating all my difficulties and after 11 wks of waiting got turned down again. We are now looking at an appeal at tribunal and wondered if viewing my medical notes for symptoms to prove how long I have suffered and how much my gp is aware of would help. When gp was approached about my claim he just laughed and said it was a waste of time because dla was a law unto themselves. Ihave 3 kids to feed, my husband works for minimum wage of an evening so that the kids are there to look after me! we are barely paying the bills and rely on family to put food in our cupboards!!!!!!!!!!!!
babygirl1975
UKFM Newbie

DLA Refused

Postby lisaward127 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:21 pm

Babygirl so sorry to hear that you are having so much problems, rest assure you are not alone, I myself is desperate for some help as my poor husband is working and caring for me. If you haven't asked already, get the medical report that your GP did from DWP. My GP told me write him a letter and outline in the letter how my conditions affect me as there isn't always time during the appointment and then they have it on record. He then did a letter to support my claim and did a really good job with the information he had. I then had a home visit from Atos Dr and I haven't heard anything.

Try and get as much supporting documentation as you can and keep going, don't give up, fight for your right to help.

Gentle hugs Lisa
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Postby babygirl1975 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:32 pm

Thanks lisa. What is so annoying is before I was unable to work I had 3jobs. Playgroup assistant, dinnerlady and barmaid so its not as if I'm a sponger trying to play the system I loved all my jobs. The other thing is I had a social worker visit my home as my gp suggested for adaptations and equipment to help me be more independant . I now have the feeling that these adaptions are not going to help my case. I could just scream with frustration!!!!!!!!!
babygirl1975
UKFM Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits