Anyone Want to Oppose Bedroom Tax ?? DATES FOR MARCHES

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone Want to Oppose Bedroom Tax ?? DATES FOR MARCHES

Postby summerbaby » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Here is a link for anyone who wants to oppose the bedroom tax, it covers most areas.

http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2013/02/announcing-details-of-25-bedroomtax.html
Summerbaby
summerbaby
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone Want to Oppose Bedroom Tax ?? DATES FOR MARCHES

Postby Flash » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:42 pm

Too right!!

My two sons have said that when the youngest moves out (soon), they will be taking it in turns to stay at weekends and a friend has said he will stop over in the middle of the week. That relieved me so much as one thing I fear most is living alone. I suffer a lot of pain due to early onset arthritis asthma and F/M. I collapse due to the pain quite frequently, go into shock and often at nights suffer panic attacks. Living alone will be very difficult so having someone here atleast four nights a week will help a great deal.

How dare the government take that choice away from me. I would have to move to a one bedroom flat or bungalow to avoid the tax so won't be able to have them stay. I will spend the rest of my life alone.

But what if I can't move from my two bedroom house, if all the onebed places are taken up??? And why should I move anyway? I don't live in a mansion, The second room is very small, it's not like I'll be a single woman in a three or four bedroom place like some. I fought like hell to get adequate housing as it is.

Why are the government so cruel? They are looking in the wrong places to make money.
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby AJay71 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:59 am

And why should I move anyway? I don't live in a mansion, The second room is very small, it's not like I'll be a single woman in a three or four bedroom place like some. I fought like hell to get adequate housing as it is.

Why are the government so cruel? They are looking in the wrong places to make money.[/quote]

Flash, if your spare bedroom is less than 70 square feet then it is classed as a box room according to the 1985 housing act. Which is still law and cannot be changed over night. Knowledge is Power, know your rights. Box rooms under 70sq ft cannot be subject to the under occupancy or 'bedroom tax'

AJay xXx
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe
AJay71
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:21 am

I'll have to look into that, out with the tape measure. The council consider the room a bedroom though, so I expect it's just with in guidelines knowing them. Thanks Ajay XX
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi! I was born in yorkshire but now live in Canada. Can you explain this bedroom tax to me please. I have an idea but not sure I am right thanks!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Anyone claiming housing benefit who has an empty bedroom/s is under threat of losing a percentage of their benefit per room (in a nutshell) its all very complicated but when isnt it :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Summerbaby I have removed the duplicate post you had made in politics as it becomes confusing and is actually against forum rules (see basic rules for membership)
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits