[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Dread each evening...just a moan!

Dread each evening...just a moan!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dread each evening...just a moan!

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:23 am

I'm sure there will be others like me but I dread going to bed !

Even though I have a good matteress plus a memory foam topper I can never get comfortable. I have an electric blanket plus two duvets and still feel cold ! Ive been taking a warm bath with essential oils (lavender& geranium ) warm milk and even melotonin tablets I got from America and I still get the 2-3 hours sleep then can be up half the night ! its 6.15 now and have been up since 3am.

I know it just the FM but I am starting to feel crazy especially as i had a reasonable run of good night for the last few months. I know if I have a disturbed sleep the "non specific pains" will be worse in the morning and so have come to dread the nights when I can't sleep as I know whats ahead of me.

Sorry for the rant but as everyone else in the house is fast asleep I had to come here to let off steam !

Am away back to see if I can at last get some shut eye as I'm starting to yawn.

Ah well such is life with Fm

:sick: :snore1: :sick: :snore1: :sick: :snore1:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Re: Dread each evening...just a moan!

Postby Tinabond007 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:43 am

I quite understand about being so uncomfortable in bed, every time I turn over the pain keeps me awake, I take a muscle reluctant it does help a bit but still feel tired when I wake. I understand x
Tinabond007
UKFM Newbie

Postby Janet Poole » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:53 am

I know how you feeling . . I have forgotten what it's like to not have legs that don't belong to you. Either restless leg or switching sore muscles. . I feel your pain ♥
Janet Poole
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:45 am

i've been precscribe antripalynee which help me sleep but by god do i know about it in the morning or when i wake during the night,

1 ----- can't lay on my side as it feel like my muscles are burning.also my hips hurt

2 ----- my hands feel the swollen they feel a if there gunna burst

3------ if i lay on my back i can't get my self up because the pain in so bad

4 ----- can't press on my elbow to get up because they are that sore.

5 ----- my wrists on each hands are so pain full and my shoudlers hurt when i move my arms

So to have a wonderful and pain free night......

:happy-easter1:
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:41 am

my electric blanket is on all night, even before I go to bed
I also wear bed socks or wellie socks( two pairs )
and have a scarf around my neck
the socks and the scarf I also wear during the day and both help me to keep a constant comfortable temperature

for sleep I take Zopiclone
a few nights in a row to get a rhythm and then 7 to 14 nights without
at night I take Tramadol extended release which helps me not waking up at 3 or 4 because of pain

all the best
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:51 pm

hi ism, i know how you feel and its not nice i have a routine that i stick to at bed time and it helps me relax moe and drop of quicker but its the pain that wakes me,

i know you have been having trouble with meds and trying to get them sorted but could you ask your gp for a weeks course of sleeping pills to help you get a routine going

not much to offer i know but just wanted to show i care and understand,

take care and hope tonights better xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:54 pm

Thanks folks for your suggestions. MB am going to see the GP next week so might ask for those sleeping tablets .

Until then its essential oils , milk and a bed time routine .

NIte
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:56 pm

Hope you get some decent :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: ISM
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LouLou » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:12 am

What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:35 pm

hi again, (sleeping pills and audio plays)

sleeping pills:
be very careful with over the counter sleeping pills (nytol) :!:
I got very quickly addicted to them :twisted:
I took them, lets say for a week, then not for some time, then again for a week, then not for some time etc, you get the picture
during this time I did build up a resistance and when I needed them again they didn't work for me any more with the recommended dose
which ment I had to increase them more and more
can't remember how much I took, about 8 per night of the "one per night" package :nono:
anything less didn't do and without them I became hyper awake :shock:

I finally came clean with my GP :-D
and stopped taking them (since then I tried them once again (in big dose!)and they don't help me sleep, they now only agitate me)
(not to mention that he told me off)
he prescriped we Zopiclone
the rest is history

audio play:
you could try listening to the radio, or record a play and listen to that, or take some plays from the library
I do this over and over
I am so used to some of them and know them by heart that it becomes so easy to listen (because I know what comes next) that it lulls me over
:sleep:
all the best
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby julia1red » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Hugs x my hubby got outta bed at four this morning he couldn't bare my tossing and turning any more lol he's so tired x :sleep:
julia1red
UKFM Member

Postby smilertodd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:41 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that! I can only really sleep on my tummy but that's damaging the nerves in my arms which is not good at all and I'm either waking up all sweaty or really cold. My legs have been very restless of late and today was the worst for the pain, stiff and tight muscles all over so I went out today and bought one of those new vibro plates. It is quite amazing, you stand on it and it vibrates at different levels and my pain actually went for a little while. It's only the first day of using it but it's given me some hope! XX
When things go wrong as they sometimes will, When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,When the funds are low, and the debts are high, And you want to smile, but have to sigh, When care is pressing you down a bit, Rest if you must, but do not quit!
smilertodd
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:04 am

Success..... Took my tablets , had my warm milk , had my bath, had the electric blanket on for a while before getting in to bed ..... & oh yes OH took himself off to another room to sleep . So I actually managed a good few hours the other night. Am going to try it again to night and see if I am equally sucesssful.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:34 am

ISM I'm so happy you finally managed to get some sleep. Unfortunately I was on the other end of the sleeping scale last night lol.

I did all my usual things and I was really tired as it was my first day back at work after the Easter long weekend and do you think I could sleep? lol Fortunately this only happens to me every so often so fingers crossed I can catch up on my sleep tonight.

That was lovely of your OH to sleep elsewhere. I'm quite lucky in that since my OH had his playstation he doesn't mind at all if I need to go to bed at 7pm lol.

Fingers crossed for another night of lots of :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: for you ISM
x
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby sweetleaf2 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:30 am

I have many bad nights myself, I have reduced my intake of caffeinated drinks, I take Quinine at night to help me with the restless legs and night cramps (and it does work ! ) but still if I manage to fall asleep the pain wakes me up,( but at least Im not doing the war dance that the huge muscles in my legs caused..) I take Lyrica and Tramadol, religeously but its my belief that the long periods of stillness when asleep causes the pain spikes, which in turn leads the wakefullness and the "rockin and rolling" which disturbs our partners so much! I spend my days feeling so tired, I really want to nap, but I dont let myself, if I do Im sure that my sleep rythim will be destroyed completely. I am actually frightened of sleeping tablets in case I dont wake up. I know thats daft, but logic has nowt to do with it.
I think that the pressure sore mattresses that some of my clients used to have (I was a carer) might help many of us as they increase the circulation in the areas we lie on. This may be something the NHS could test. If they are interested, that is.
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia