[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - My Introduction & My Story - Please share your stories too!

My Introduction & My Story - Please share your stories too!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: My Introduction & My Story - Please share your stories t

Postby LouLou » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:06 am

What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby kazak » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:37 pm

hi cocobella,
i'm 44 and dx jan'13 but like everyone else suffered 4 yrs. my probs started when i was 22wks pregnant(my son was 9 in dec) and i hurt my back, so suffered terribly throughout pregnancy and ended up on crutches at 32wks and by 38wks begging them to get this child out and finally had a section at 39wks. i had various complaints over the next 9yrs gall stones so gall bladder removed, quincy- hospital for iv antibiotics and strong drugs, diabetes, ibs and all the while my small area of back probs became increasingly worse, pain spreading throughout the whole of my right side of back, shoulder, hip and neck, both knees and across base of back. my sleep pattern had gone completely haywire the max of unbroken sleep i had was 2hrs but most nites i'm awake after around 1hr then awake off and on or am up all nite needless to say my get up and go has got up and bloody emigrated, the fatigue is hard when u have an active 9yr old. i can stop in the middle of a conversation cos have 4got wot i was saying and yes my OH does get fedup with me but on the whole is very understanding.

welcome to the forum
kazak
UKFM Member

Postby cocobella » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Thank you for your story Kazak. That is really interesting that your fibro came on during your pregnancy. From most of the information sources I have read they do seem to state that stress/trauma etc can bring it on. Pregnancy can be quite traumatic for some people and can be such a stress on your body too. I do not have any kids yet, however I do completely sympathise with you. I am also the same when it comes to conversations and stopping in the middle of them. lol. I must admit my memory function has become much better since going on my medication at the end of february 2013. My energy levels have increased also. One thing I do find quite strange is that I never had any problem getting to sleep at night, or sleeping through the night. However, most people with fibro do have a lot of trouble sleeping especially before diagnosis. I was so fatigued that pretty much the minute I was in bed I would be out cold!!! lol. I do still wonder if I maybe have sleep apnea as I do have asthma and have gained 3 stone over the past two years (which I am working on getting off). It is such a complex condition though where we do all share the common symptom of pain, however we all seem to have our own little unique symptoms too! Thank you for welcoming me to the forum - this has been great for me :)

Coco
cocobella
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello