Sick and Tired........

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sick and Tired........

Postby kazisedso » Thu May 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Of being so sick and tired :cry:

Hello all xxx

i am really completely and utterly fed up of the extreme fatigue i get every single day :(
i get up at 6am every morning with the help of my hubby as i'm usually that stiff i can't move to get out of bed!

Kids go to school and by 10/11am i am absolutely and completely exhausted and my hubby has to help me up the stairs so i can go back to bed to sleep :shock:

Blood tests have come back normal, iron, normal ( which is good for me... usually the first thing to drop)
Thyroid normal, kidneys and liver function normal.
gp did say i had a very slight rise in one of the results i asked him what it was and he said it was an indicator of inflamation somewhere in the body but it wasn't overly high and was probably down to the fibro and he was not worried about my blood results at all, so i'm thinking it's down to the fibro that i am so so tired :(

Shoulder's, wrists, hips and knees giving me alot of jip ,aching , sore and really stiff... fibro fog and anxiety too.
Spasms and twitches have eased off so at least that's something.

Why have we got to feel so so tired every day :( ...... just want to feel 'normal ' for a couple of days please.. just a couple of days so i can feel like myself for a while :crazy: :crazy:
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Re: Sick and Tired........

Postby shazq » Thu May 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi Kaz

I know how you feel :hugs: i am in the same place but my body will not shut off during the day, i will lay down for a rest but my brain goes haywire :evil:

It feels like i am dragging my body along, everything i do takes a big effort and drains my energy. My whole body hurts. :cry:

When i get like this it is hard to do anything, i have to just give in to it, i have tried fighting it many times like i have gone for a walk in the garden, tried doing something in the house but it is still there so i have no choice.

Hope your fatigue passes soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tunes » Thu May 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Yep me too. The fatigue is debilitating. Every morning is worst for me. And the weakness throughout my body like my strength has been sucked out of me. Its such a struggle. I often feel like breaking down in tears cos thats how it makes me feel.
I completely understand hw u feel soo good to talk to others in the same boat.
Keep smiling. Hope you feel better soon. X
Tunes
UKFM Member

Postby mikecarter » Thu May 16, 2013 10:53 pm

I know how you feel, I have fibro, arthritis and IBS and some days I struggle to do anything. It's difficult to explain to people as you often look fine on the outside but inside your are in a lot of pain. I saw someone describe it as "arthritis of the muscles" and although not correct it helps to get across the pain to someone who doesn't know.

I am taking Tramadol, Naproxin and Amitriptylin. I am not sure thet they help my Fibro but they do take some of the edge off my arthritis. Some days I'm just too tired and hurting to do anything.

Tai Chi was recommended but this was too difficult for me. Hydrotherapy is nice and relaxing but again the strain leaves me knackered.

All in all we are struggling and I know your frustration. It might be selfish but the other day someone who was healthy said the dreaded "it could be worse"!!!!!!!! In all honesty it can't and thats got nothing to do with people with other conditions, there is and should be no comparison, but a matter of fact for us at this moment in time.

Best wishes to you
mikecarter
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Fri May 17, 2013 12:15 am

Fatigue is horrible and when added to the constant pain can drag you right down. You may need to make further trips to the doc to maybe get a referral to CBT or suchlike as they can help you to find ways of coping and it just might help a bit :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ermi215 » Fri May 17, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm sick if the tiredness too...... I find going out really hard 20 mins max and I have tone peeled out of the car and taken too bed, I also have sciatica aswell so don't know if I need loo. I get really upset when my daughter who is 14 cries that she would like a normal mum who can go out with her.I cry many days but it gets me nowhere. I never realised how hard it would be with the fibromyalgia,cfs, sciatica, Ibs etc..... it takes an house in morning to get out of bed and then I need to go back cos I'm so exhausted its all a vicious circle and people need to know that not all illnesses show.... :yikes:
ermi215
UKFM Newbie

Postby lolo73 » Fri May 17, 2013 8:25 pm

It sounds like your ESR result that was high.

I too am totally sick and fed up of being so tired. It hasn't been a problem until 6 months ago and now I am so tired pretty much all the time. I can't have a normal relationship with friends because I can't keep dates or go out in the evening x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia