[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Fibro - sinus problems and wisdom teeth

Fibro - sinus problems and wisdom teeth

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro - sinus problems and wisdom teeth

Postby SuperCat007 » Sun May 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Hello, I posted a thread on here a little while ago about being terrified about having my wisdom teeth removed. I thought that maybe people might be interested to find out what has happened since.

Well... To cut a very long story very short I seem to have made an almost complete recovery! No more Fibro symptoms, hardly any pain etc. I still get tired quite quickly, but the more I do, the more I am able to do. One good night's sleep and I am feeling better again. I don't know if it is permanent and I am still reluctant to push myself to do too much all at once, we will see once the winter comes around if I really am better. But this week I managed a whole 5 days on a work placement which was an hour's drive from home. It is incredible, it would seem that the wisdom teeth were the reason that I was so unwell for so long.

I just feel like people should know. I have suffered for about 10 years with sinus problems, infections and respiratory problems. A dentist suggested that it could be related to my wisdom teeth beginning to come down, but I didn't have any wisdom tooth infections so it was never explored further. Last year I spend almost 7 months solidly on anti-biotics because I kept getting infections in my gums from my wisdom teeth. I had one removed which solved the problem in the short term, but I decided to have the other 3 taken out under a G/A. Since they were removed a few weeks ago I have never felt better.

Like I said above I just felt that people should know. If you do suffer with these things it might be worth taking a trip to the dentist and getting an X-ray on your mouth to see if your wisdom teeth could be causing a problem. I'm not saying it's a miracle cure, or that it will work for everybody. But if it can have such an effect on me, then there must be other people out there suffering with Fibro when it could actually be quite easily sorted by removal of their wisdom teeth. It can't hurt to explore can it? It's not like we actually need them.
Last edited by SuperCat007 on Sun May 19, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro - sinus problems and wisdom teeth

Postby shazq » Sun May 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Thats great news Cat, glad you are feeling much better now, thanks for sharing your story do they still think you have fibro or are they putting your problems down to your teeth? :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun May 19, 2013 7:53 pm

I agree with Shaz, if the removal of your wisdom teeth has triggered a good recovery then maybe you were misdiagnosed with Fibro. Anyway whatever the reason :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: your recovery continues and becomes permanant for you and you dont have to suffer any more :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SuperCat007 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Thanks guys. I haven't actually seen a Dr since, so I really don't know. :-D I am going to the dentist tomorrow so I will mention it to him/her (new dentist). It could well have been that the wisdom teeth were causing a prolonged infection effect, like the research in America suggests. It is interesting because if only the NHS would do more investigation, it may be that there are a lot of people suffering from a prolonged infection rather than 'true' fibro. Fingers crossed it continues, but it is looking good for now.

Sorry for the poor grammar, I typed that message rather quicker than I thought! I will re-word it tomorrow.
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun May 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Reads OK to me and :fingerscrossed: for tomorrow, would be interesting to hear what they have to say on it :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SuperCat007 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:42 pm

SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems