[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby pkd1272 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi I had my diagnoses confirmed last week. As well as confirmed with fibromyalgia I have a slipped disc in my back so currently I am in constant pain. I have been told to rest more, sleep well and reduce my stress levels. I have 3 children, my eldest is a Type 1 Diabetic which is a constant worry. I am currently doing a college course & a Teaching Assistant placement at school and do Outreach youth work in the evenings. I love doing both of those and don't see why I should give them up because of my stupid body!!! Its hard not to be cross and frustrated when I cant do things I enjoy doing.

I'm currently on 2100mg a day of Gabapentin and up to 400mg of Tramadol on bad days. I'm never totally out of pain which has been getting me down lately. It has been interesting reading through post's on here and I feel I have found somewhere people have a real understanding of what it is like living with this.
pkd1272
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 21, 2013 5:08 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our little sanctuary :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, as well as support and understanding. The advice you were given is the usual sort of thing docs say to us, and no matter how hard we try to stick to it, there is always something that will do its utmost to disrupt things :facepalm: :facepalm:

Anything that you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue May 21, 2013 5:59 pm

:welcome: to the forum :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue May 21, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby whoami » Wed May 22, 2013 7:43 am

I am glad to see you here but always sad to hear someone else has been diagnosed with fibro.

Try to remember you have fibro...fibro hasn't got you.

You don't have to give up the things you love, You just have to do things a little differently. Maybe in order for you to participate in the things you love you might have to ask for help with other chores etc.

Having something to look forward to certainly makes the pain more tolerable. The things you enjoy are also benefitting others.

You will have to learn how to pace yourself. Listen to your body and rest when it tells you to. This will be one of the hardest things to deal with.

Finding the right medication to give you comfort may take a while also. I am sorry to say but the pain probably won't be all gone with meds.

Life with fibro can be frustrating but you can still have quite an enjoyable life with a comfort level that is tollerable. Remember you are in control, fibro doesn't control or define you.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello