[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi!! i'm new here x

Hi!! i'm new here x

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi!! i'm new here x

Postby LouiseRees » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 am

Hi!! All

My name is Louise, i have recently joined this group as i have signs/symptons of fibromyaligia, and also start that a great friend of mine who has fibro said it really saounds as if i have it!! I have currently been going backwards and forwards to the doctors for the past 6 months and now she has finally referred me to see a rheumatologist, and am finding it quite hard to get about on a daily basis as i don't drive either, with 3 young kids to get to school and be quite testing on somedays, i always find my self when going out with family etc i have to know how far i am needed to walk and when the next seast is !!

As reguards to see the rhuematology i won't get an appt to see anyone until at least mid august - sept now, my doctor has just put me on IMIPRAMINE 25mg, i'm not sure about taking them, but the pain is killing me!! the doctor even suggested to start using a stick of something to help me get about as my legs are very painful and are like jelly fied!!!

Any Hi to ALLL !! :-)
LouiseRees
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi!! i'm new here x

Postby Tracie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:46 am

Hi and welcome.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:28 pm

:welcome: to the forum Louise :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Hope you won't be waiting too long fro your rheumy appt, being in LimboLand is frustrating at the best of times, let alone when you're desperate for answers :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Imipamine, altho used for, is an unusual med to be given for FM~type conditions :-? :-? :-? The few times I can recall it being mentioned on here, it has tended to be given after other more usual meds like amitriptyline have been tried. Is it the first one you've tried??

There is lots of info and advice across the boards so have a bit of a looky and a read, you may come across some helpful ideas and suggestions to try out.

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouiseRees » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:04 pm

hi!!

no i have been given tramadol,my doctor has said i am very limited in what she can give me as i have asthma , but tramadol just makes me wanna sleep all the time :sleep: and i have 3 young kids, its taken me 6 months just to get my doctor to refer me, after being used as a pin cushion for loads of bloods tests.

totally true i hate being in limoland with all of this as i just want to know now, it is getting harder and harder just getting my kids to and from school and worst thing with this i don't even drive!!!
I am soo unsure whether to take the tablets or not as i feel that it may be a waste of money paying out for the prescription!!!
LouiseRees
UKFM Newbie

Postby LouLou » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:11 pm

What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby LouiseRees » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:46 am

Thank you LouLou

i bit the bullet and sent hubby out yesterday to get my prescription and decided to give them ago, still playing the waiting game as my doctors surgery hasn't send the letter across to rhmy yet, they seem to be running me round in circle Grrrr!!!!

i still can't help but keep going over in my head of what the doctor said to me on tuesday about going private and to try using a stick, it's soo thrustrating and i am wondering to try a stick too as i don't drive :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: and gets hard for me getting around somedays as my back plays me up too, as i had a bad riding accident last year where my horse threw me off and ended up with a compression fracture of a couple of vertbraes :( :(

:horse_running:
Louise (people call me Lou)
LouiseRees
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:20 pm

The only way you'll know if something will make a difference is to give it a good go. With any med, there will be a chance of side effects, but these tend to ease off after a while. If you start off with the lowest dose, it may mean any effects are not so pronounced for you.

Like LouLou, I have an annual PPC and it saves me a heck of a lot over the year in prescription fees. Quite a few members find a stick helpful for walking. For some, having that extra bit of support does wonders for their confidence and independence and helps them get out and about a bit more. As for going private, it may mean you get seen quicker than having to wait for an NHS appt, and quite often the actual appt is a bit more personal and involved.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:10 pm

Welcome...as you have noticed already, you will get lots of good advice, support and understanding here.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:27 am

Hi Louise and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: hopefully you will find us a helpful and supportive place to come :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello