[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Tempted to go to A and E

Tempted to go to A and E

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Tempted to go to A and E

Postby whoami » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:49 pm

Tracie.....what medications do you take already? There may be someone here that takes the same meds as you but also others. They may be able to suggest something they take that you could question your GP about. I can't take pain medicine orally, it makes my stomach bleed, I have other options. There has to be options out there for you.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Tracie » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:33 pm

lomotrigine
Seroquel
Citalopram

Am seeing another gp on Thursday
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Tracie all those meds are used to treat bipolar disorder and so wont give you any pain relief??? have you spoken to your doc about another referral to the MHT :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby whoami » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:57 pm

I was going to ask why three medications that treat either bipolar or seizures? I understand why some medications are not given with these meds. (My hubby is bipolar) What confuses me is why three when they can contradict each other. Tracie, did the same Dr prescribe all three medications to be taken together? Was it the same Dr. who diagnosed you with fibromyalgia?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby E-Bunny » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:36 am

Hi Tracie,

I am taking Lyrica ( Pregabalin ) for the Fibro which is also used for Epilepsy. Other medications i am taking are :
Lamotrigine ( For E )
Clobozam ( for E )
Requip ( For RLS )
Sertraline ( for Depression )

I would recomend that you stop taking the citalopram, when i was 1st diagnosed with depression this medication made me suicidal.. This also happened to several friends of mine who took the same medication, and we lost a good friend because of it !!

I have found that the Lyrica has helped me sleep through the pain at night, and for the 1st time in years, some mornings i have actually woke up in the morning feeling refreshed instead of more tired than when i went to sleep !

My GP is also useless ! She blames every symptom i have on my E or on my E meds ! Which even my neuro has said is rediculous lol.. It was a locum who diagnosed the fibro, but unfortunatly he was not authorised to give referrals.. I have an appointment with my Neuro next month so i will be discussing the Fibro with her and hopefully I will get some sort of support.

Can i ask why you are taking the lamotrigine ?

If you need to talk i am happy for you to pm me ! I know exactly where you are coming from about lack of support from your GP.. I could go to mne with an ingrowing toe nail and she would insist it is down to my E o.O she has no clue !! but like you transferring to another surgery is near damn impossible as they are all full, with at least 2 month waiting lists.. This is down to cut backs and many surgeries have closed. The out of hours GP is not meant to be for just emergancies, but unfortunatly even ours will not accept anything but emergancies grrrr

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:02 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tracie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:23 pm

have all symptoms of fibro not diagnosed yet

I am lomotrigine for epilepsy
Citalopram for depression
Seroquel for anxiety and hallucinating and to help sleep,I see and hear things

doubt be on seroquel for much longer came off it re tried it and makes me to drowsy,my gp issued citalopram,neurologist put me on lomotrigine and physchatrist gave me seroquel I see no physc now as he will not see me and mh team have dumped me so see no one from there also meds have been checked with lomotrigine and seroquel and citalopram are the safest option as other meds may cause problems we looking at another option for seroquel at the moment,also citalopram sends me manic if have high dose.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:00 am

Hi Tracie

Why on earth have the medical profession dumped you or wont see you when you are on such powerful medication this is outrageous. Do you have a member of your family or friend that can help you to find someone to see you? No wonder you are so desperate and are contacting A&E and out of hours, you are in a verydesperate situation here and need some help from someone. Have you been in contact with PALS as suggested at your local hospital? Nobody should be left on their own and not even monitered, have you thought about contacting the crisis team? You can contact them through your A&E department and i am shocked they didnt advise you to speak to them when you went to A&E. You have a lot going on healthwise and shouldnt be coping with this alone.

If i was in your position and the the medical proffesions arre turning their back on you i would get myself to A&E and refuse to leave until this is resolved, they have to see you and give you the support and help you desperately need. If they try and turn you away without any help ask them about the crisis team. I am so worried about you and dont know how to help you, it is so frustrating that all the doors are being closed in your face. If all fails i am not sure if contacting social services could be an option and if they cant help then they may be able to point you in the right direction. As a last resort after trying all these options it could be worth you contacting your local MP, explain everything like you have on here, surely to god he cant turn his back on you all these people have a duty of care. I really hope you can get the support you really need. Please let us know how you get on.

Take care
Milly :hugs: :hugs:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Tracie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:21 am

I was only going A and E as pain is so bad,as for mh we logging a complaint.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby Pretzelnut » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:44 pm

I go to a&e when things get to bad and I always get treated with morphine within 30minutes of being admitted. Morphine works for me,it doesnt last long but is enough to give me a break to get some sleep, and stops the pain stress pain cycle.

I really can't understand why you are being turned away. I would class your extreme level of pain and the suicidal thoughts its giving you as an emergency.

I have on occasion called an ambulance as the pain is so bad ihave collsedand woke up in a pileofmy own vomit and I have been given g&a or morphine if the ambulance carries it (not all of them do, not out here in the sticks anyway)

Just GO to a&e they have to treat you. You may have to jump through hoops of trying ibuprofen 1st but not always. You shouldn't be suffering like this. No one should.

I find I do have to be polite but extremely firm with them, I once had a nurse tell me that ibuprofen WOULD work as he'd been a nurse for 13 years and he knew from experience. To which I repliedd, I've been trapped in this body for 32 years a im using that experience of MY own body to tell you that ibuprofen is pointless you might as well just give me tic tacs. He walked of and came back 5 minutes later with morphine :-P
Pretzelnut
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services