Anyone with young children? Advice needed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone with young children? Advice needed

Postby citycat » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:16 am

I am new on here and although I know I have suffered from fibro for many many years I am newly diagnosed.

I have 3 young children aged 7, 6 & 2. I am as many of you are in constant pain, can't sleep etc etc.... But the biggest problem I am having is dealing with the guilt I feel. I try to suck it up, put on my sunglasses and hobble to the park. Some days I just can't and their wee faces just kill me. I have a partner but he doesn't get home from work until after 10pm.

I feel like my children are suffering because of my health and although I know this is my life and I have to play with the cards I have been dealt, I cannot get over how guilty I feel. My babies are happy children and have no clue as to the the pain I am in. my eldest 2 have a different dad who doesn't see them much and we have always told them their dad is ill and can't look after them so I don't want to tell them that I am also ill.

I just feel so guilty all the time.

If there is anyone out there that can advise me on this I would be delighted. I am all they have on a daily basis.

Thank u all xxx
citycat
UKFM Newbie

Re: Anyone with young children? Advice needed

Postby Gig » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:19 am

Hi....I am 2 a mother of 5 and it's the summer holidays just now...ive been unable to take them anywhere unless my husband is here to drive us! I have bought a trampoline and swing for the garden and they love it....I also do movie days..we all get to pick a movie and get popcorn and treats for it....this is an ideal way of resting when its needed.
Kids are more understanding than you think.....I was brought up believing if you dont have then you dont miss it.
I dont like asking for help and just plod along as best I can.....hope you feel better soon x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Gig
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello