Irate

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Irate

Postby Lesoot » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:59 pm

Well I have had my "appeal" hearing for ESA the other day (it got disallowed), throughout the "hearing" the "doctor" insisted on laughing and smiling throughout, I was explaining my (our) condition and symptoms and he just didn't want to know !!

I find it laughable that the powers that be don't see Fibromyalgia as a "disability" and that sufferers should be working. Now I know that everyone has different levels of pain/mobility etc, but my levels are REALLY bad, first thing in the morning when i get up (sometimes might be bordering om afternoon due to my medication, but that is a different story) My legs are sore and stiff and I HAVE to walk it off and to try to get some sort of mobility going. My pain is in my neck, shoulders, back, knees, feet and hands. on a scale of 1-10 (I am a man after all) my pain levels are an 8 24/7, but first thing in the morning I am at a 10. That isn't considering the tiredness etc that comes packaged with fibromyalgia.

But anyway, back onto my point (yes there is one), for a "health professional" to be laughing during a hearing, which is determining a persons future is beyond acceptable and has left em with nowhere to go apart from finding a job (I worked every hour i could up until I had fibro) not that I have any qualms about working, I know that no-one in their right mind would employ someone like me, in my current state.
Lesoot
UKFM Newbie

Re: Irate

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:28 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lesoot :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

With your post being in relation to the doc that was on the panel for your ESA appeal hearing, I've moved you into here as it seems a bit more suitable.

I'm sorry to hear what happened and what the outcome was for you, it's more than understandable why you're feeling so irate. Maybe you have grounds to make some sort of complaint about how the doctor conducted himself :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: It may be something you want to look into when things are a little less :too-upset: :too-upset: :too-upset: :too-upset: :too-upset: for you. You may well be able to appeal the decision made at your hearing as well.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Lesoot » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:32 pm

They say I can only appeal against this appeal if there is a lawful reason, otherwise it is final :(

p.s. sorry for being in the wrong section
Lesoot
UKFM Newbie

Postby deanna dimech » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:27 pm

I am socked beyond belief You must put in a complain state who was in the hearing , tell them the name of this person and how he behaved treating your illness like a joke, They wont see anyone who has fibro laughing about it, It's anything but funny. There people make me made. speak to your GP, pain doctor, MP and anyone else you can think of and get them to help you. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Good luck and we are all here for you. Deanna
deanna dimech
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:58 pm

Dont worry Le you dont have to apologise, thats what we mods are here for to keep the forum tidy(ish) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal too, maybe the doc laughing is a lawful reason for another appeal.

Would your doc do a letter supporting you :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby relf1960 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:37 pm

I bet they've added that as a new rule recently, because of the amount of complaints there getting on how bad there being treated by these doctors. I say that us, I complained about one and was sent a letter explaining how to complain about a doctors conduct. Unfortunately I never saw it through. After loosing my disability I got more depressed and more anxious that I couldn't do it. I didn't think it would do an ounce of good though, but I so wish I'd managed to do it, incase I got another doctor, who may av given me a fair report. I'm due to go to court in a few months to get my disability back. Thing is, no one realises how they make us feel when they don't get our symptoms n think we're fake. That alone adds to make our so called pretend illness far worse. We can't give up though. We have no choice other than furl up n die! Something none of us should even contemplate!
relf1960
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits