[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Sweating - this is awful !!

Sweating - this is awful !!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Sweating - this is awful !!

Postby whoami » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:20 am

Marsha and other sufferers........

I can relate. I would be soaked right through my jeans. Water running down my legs. It was one of two things that caused mine.

Menopause...I was 40 started on hormone replacement and within 10 days it was a lot better, not gone, better.

Thyroid....Have your levels checked, sweating is a huge symptom. I had mine removed and the sweats are gone. Now then..you don't have to get it removed, LOL. If your levels are out medication can adjust them.
My thyroid was removed due to cancer...don't jump to conclussions..you don't have cancer!

Seriously though...if you are of menopausal age and that can be a young age have your estrogen checked.
...Get your Dr to check your thyroid levels.

When I read this post I could not remember the last time I sweat like described. I would not leave the house for 6 months because I lived in night gowns and the tub.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchiemama » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:19 pm

Ahhhhh another one i can sypathise with, im 34 though so think its a bit early for menapause!! But omg sweat running down my forhead, was in the shop earlier, had to fan myself, its so embarrasing!!! Its awful, Im the same as someone else that said after a shower, its like a waste of time & energy! It really getiing to me lately, its starting to get cold but Im standing there in a loose light cardi, fanning myself while everyones saying ooh its getting cold isnt it!!!! :oops: :oops:

Im on tramadol & sweating is a side effect, so I think its due to that plus just fibro & its blooming million symptoms!! :yikes: Its really horrible!!!

:grouphug: xxx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Ouchiemama...I started in pre-menopause at 30. Full menopause, evdrything over at 40. Don't assume you could be too young, LOL
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchiemama » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:37 pm

Wow did you whaomi?!?!?! Awww thats a bit rubbish!! :yikes: :yikes: Thanks for that! Lol. Oh man im scared now!! Im away to look it up...maybe not wise move but Im gonna anyway!! hahaha! xxx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Ouchiemama......don't go by what you read . You need to get your Dr's opinion on why you are sweating so much. If you start trying to self diagnose you will go crazy. LOL Many things could be the cause.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchiemama » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:52 pm

Lol thanks, I know it not a good idea is it! I will mention it next time Im at the doctors, as much as im joking about it, it is really getting to me now so best see what the doc says.xxx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby xxteeniexx88 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi

I am so glad that there are many people that suffer this! and that it seems to be part of FMS which is very new to me! I absolutely hate it I have always been a very hot person but not sweating and now I seem to just sweat when I just sit down! it makes me feel horrible and uncomfortable and my confidence is rubbish anyway due to my weight! There doesn't seem to be any point to washing my hair :-/ Is there nothing that can prevent this?
xxteeniexx88
UKFM Member

Postby relf1960 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:13 pm

relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby relf1960 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:24 pm

relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby binty » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:41 pm

I have only just joined this site but I am so glad to read that others suffer with these sweats. I had myself tested for early menopause as the sweats have only been really bad for last 18mths or so. They are awful and just as others describe, as if I have just walked out the shower and it's so visible it's embarrassing :oops: . I thought it may be a side effect of my tablets but now, after reading about others having the problem I believe it may be a symptom of FM. I wander if anybody feels that the sweats have worsened as the FM has worsened. Although I'm always been told FM is not a progressive illness, my symptoms have definitely got worse over the last 18 mths :?: .
binty
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:49 pm

Have the existing symptoms got worse...or are there new symptoms and in adding them, that of course makes everything seem worse.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Sazzle » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:12 pm

I get the Duloxetine head sweats. It is apparently well known for that. A lot of GPs don't seem to know about that, but I work in psychiatry and asked one of our lovely doctors and he said it is very common.

I am more sensitive to the heat than I used to be. Really sympathising with 6 month pregnant colleague as she and I seem to always feel much hotter than anyone else.

Couldn't use my Tramadol at all in the summer as that makes me feel hot too.

If I do have a good day and can walk into town I end up with soaked hair by the time I get there. Yesterday I had to wear a light pack a mac as it was raining and even that thin thing on top of tshirt I was sweating like mad by time I got there, walking pretty slowly.

I don't have it anywhere near as bad as most of you seem to though. You have my sympathies.
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Postby binty » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:53 am

My existing symptoms have got worse but I have also developed new symptoms with my lower body ?????
Although I have good and bad days like everyone else but the sweats don't coincide with increased pain or anything they just come on so unexpectedly.
binty
UKFM Member

Postby MarLyn2012 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:57 pm

I love the heat and it makes my joints feel better, but I have started this rediculous sweating as soon as I move to do anything, at 9.30pm every evening and when I wake up.
I thought it might have something to do with the change but have had a full hysterectomy so mine could also be related to the fibro.
I will definitely mention this to the doctor the next time I go. Thank you all.
MarLyn2012
UKFM Newbie

Postby felinefine » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:29 pm

I get this too, I was thinking it may be the meds, not that I'm one ones that I think cause it. It is embarrassing and I can (when able) do my hair and ten mins later its flat on my forehead. It feels very uncomfortable and people notice

Chris
felinefine
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia