Severe Disability Premium Advice please

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Severe Disability Premium Advice please

Postby JASPER 2005 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:51 am

I would like some advice I was recently successful in August I was awarded LRM and MRC . I have a few medical problems as well as Fybromyalgia . My query is I'm on WRAG I was recently told I could be entitled to Severe Disability Premium as I seem to have the right criteria 1. I live alone 2. No one claims Carers Allowance for me . 3 . And I recieve Middle Rate Care Component . Can anyone advise me if I'm entitled to this . I've been also told that you can't recieve it if you are on WRAG . Any advice would be greatly appreciated . I've been on WRAG over a year .
JASPER 2005
UKFM Member

Re: Severe Disability Premium Advice please

Postby denys » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:46 am

Hi Jasper I have split your post off from the previous topic and put it into one of its own, I'm sorry I cant help you with any advice on whether or not you would be entitled but have you thought about contacting a benefits advisor to find out??? Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will be along shortly to help you with some answers
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:12 am

Yes you will be entitled.

WRAG makes no difference just as long as your on ESA whether it be WRAG or support.

You should also get oneys back dated from when you started getting your MRC as long as you were on ESA then.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby siennasbreeze » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:54 am

Hi jasper

You should be entitled as dwp criteria for SDP doesn't mention which ESA group you have to be in.
You will need to complete a form called an IS10 .However,this isn't available online so you will need to ring your benefits centre nd ask for one.the number should be on any correspondence that you have received from DwP re your ESA payments.
Unlike most DwP benefit app forms ,this one is really simple and quick to complete.

I applied 3 weeks ago and have just had. Response today.

Payments can be backdated ,usually for a maximum of 3 months.however,in some cases,dependant of your circumstances it can be more.

It's really worth applying for,after all the worst that can happen is that they say "no"

I hope this post is of some help.

Good luck with your application x
siennasbreeze
UKFM Member

Postby JASPER 2005 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:06 pm

Thanks Lisa and Siennasbreeze I appreciate your help . I have been on ESA a while after I was transfers from Incapacity Benefit . I spoke to a guy from Social Security Agency he told me I should entitled to it and he filled form out for it over the phone . How much is it per week . I'd be delighted not worried if I got back paid although it would be greatly appreciated especially with Xmas round the corner 8-)
JASPER 2005
UKFM Member

Postby siennasbreeze » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:33 am

Hi again jasper

I'm glad my post was of help to you and that you had a decent advisor who was helpful .

With regards to the payments ,if you are single your weekly amount should be around the £59.50 mark.
That's what I am getting anyway.that might not be exactly the same for you ,but its a guide to give you an idea.

You should receive a confirmation of entitlement in the post within the next 3weeks.If you haven't heard by then, it maybe wise to give them a bell.

Also once they have processed your application you may well find that your usual ESA payment doesn't appear in your account when it's next due.
if that's the case don't panic,its because of a 'restructure' as they call it.its because your payment amount have to be changed.
Just ring the benefits centre number and they will instruct the finance department to adjust and restart your payments with the increased amount .This is because the department that processes your app doesn't have the authority to authorise payments ,that's done by a different department.
It's the usual thing that one department doesn't talk to the other automatically

It may not happen ,but just thought I would warn you.
Please let us know how you get on:-)

Kind regards
siennasbreeze
UKFM Member

Postby JASPER 2005 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:25 am

Thanks once again for all your help I will keep you all informed how I get on . Hopefully I get the award as I believe I'm entitled to it so fingers crossed . :-) :-)
JASPER 2005
UKFM Member

Postby JASPER 2005 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:55 pm

Still waiting on the dreaded Brown Envelope . It's the waiting that's the frustrating part . :(
JASPER 2005
UKFM Member

Postby JASPER 2005 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:35 am

I RANG THE SOCIAL TODAY TO SEE HOW MY CLAIM FOR SDP WAS PROGRESSING . GIRL I SPOKE TOLD ME BECAUSE I WAS TRANSFERRED FROM INCAPACITY DIRECT ONTO ESA I WAS PUT INTO ESA WRAG THINK SHE SAID CONTRBUTION PART SO I WASNT ENTITLED TO SDP .BUT THAT SHE WOULD SEND ME OUT AN ESA 3 FORM WHICH I COULD FILL IN AND THAT HOPEFULLY GET ME PUT IN RIGHT ESA GROUP TO GET SDP . SHE SEEMED CONFIDENT ID GET IT BUT DONT WANT TO GET HOPES BUILT UP AGAIN TO BE KNOCKED DOWN AGAIN . :-? :-? :-? :-?
JASPER 2005
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:40 am

Jasper please dont post in capitals as it is seen as shouting by forum netiquette, I'm glad to hear you have had a positive phone call and :fingerscrossed: you hear very soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby JASPER 2005 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:54 am

COULDNT UNDERSTAND WHY SHE SAID I WAS ON CONTRIBUTION BASED ESA WRAG AS IVE BEEN ON INCAPACITY A LONG TIME SO COULDNT HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO NATIONAL INSURANCE THAT I KNOW OFF ALSO IT SAYS ON THEIR OWN WEB PAGE THAT AFTER A YEAR ON IT ID HAVE TO BE TRANSFERED TO INCOME RELATED IM WELL OVER A YEAR ON IT APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE THINK IVE BEEN GIVEN RUNAROUND :shock: :shock: :shock:
JASPER 2005
UKFM Member

Postby JASPER 2005 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:58 am

Sorry bout capitals but sometimes my sight in my remaining eye is poor and i struggle to see it unless its capital . Sorry if ive caused offence
JASPER 2005
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:42 pm

No offence taken just need to let people know the rules on capital letters :-D

I also think there giving you the run around! :roll:

Theres nothing here about ESA / ESA contribution

Severe disability premium

Receiving the care component of disability living allowance (middle or higher rate), attendance allowance, daily living component of the personal independence payment or armed forces independence payment

live alone (there are exceptions to this rule - For more information see our Disability Rights Handbook.)

No one else must be getting carer's allowance for looking after you

For more information on employment and support allowance premiums see the latest Disability Rights Handbook.

If your on WRAG income related its around £200 a fortnight if you get more then this then your being paid contribution rates.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby JASPER 2005 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:12 am

I filled in ESA3 and left it in today I get £190 fortnight on WRAG . I'm going to ring them tomorrow to speak with bout SDP as first guy I spoke with 1 month ago seemed to think everything was in order for me to receive SDP .appreciate your help
JASPER 2005
UKFM Member

Postby JASPER 2005 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:10 am

I spoke with boy at ESA regarding my application for Severe Disability Premium , you definitely can't get it if your on ESA Contibution based only Income Based . So they sent me ESA 3 form to hopefully transfer me on to that then I should be entitled to SDP but he also told me you get awarded this at there discretion . So here's hoping Santa brings me some good news
JASPER 2005
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits