TENS

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

TENS

Postby dotty lotty » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Well got my TENS machine today. :-D Firstly need to be a bit of a contortionist to get pads over shoulder blades and lower back.

The nurse who led the session explained everything and to start at 1 wait a few minutes and slowly increase as everyone gets a fright when it starts!!

So slowly increase to 2 then when reached 3 got such a fright all my paperwork landed on the floor :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Had to reposition one of the pads as it was sore then when I reconnected it again this time I bit my tongue. :dunno: :dunno:
Have wires everywhere so need to give myself extra time to go to loo!!!!!

Am now tingling away nicely and going to try a walk :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: and if you don't hear from me again I may well have electrocuted myself :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Re: TENS

Postby chezmc » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:33 pm

I've had one a few yes but had no relief from using it. Would need 20+ pads to relieve all the pain in one go lol.
chezmc
UKFM Member

Postby dejay » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:27 pm

I hope the tens works for you when I tried I did not know which part of my body to put it on first, then I found it was good on my arthritic joints but not so good on my fibro pain ,but I wonder how much have my fibro friends spent on trying to find "a cure: I have bought over the years just about every :cure: but I have now said NO more lol
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:36 pm

My TENs machine is my best friend, I wish I'd got one earlier than I did. Like most things, it doesn't take all the pain away, but it certainly helps make a difference. And it's a difference that doesn't involve more meds, thankfully. It's more effective on some areas than it is on others, but those that it does help mean I'm able to be a bit more mobile.
dejay wrote:.....I wonder how much have my fibro friends spent on trying to find "a cure: I have bought over the years just about every :cure: but I have now said NO more lol

I used to dread thinking how much I've got thru over the years in trying to find that "Holy Grail" we all are desperate for. These days I try not to think about it as it really upsets me to think about how much I wasted/was fleeced out of, that could have been used in so many more constructive and helpful ways for both me and my family :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:11 pm

There is an advert in this months fibro mag for something called a 'painmaster' which looks very much like a TENS machine but looking at where they have the pads I agree you would have to either have someone else to attach them or be some kind of contortionist. I would really like to try one but worry about the cost and whether it will give relief.

Lots of members say they get some relief, so might give it a go (might have to ask :santchimney1: for one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby dotty lotty » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:54 am

Well far to early to count my :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: but I did manage to wash the dishes last night without my arms being on fire and like lead weights.

Just have to now work out the best places for the pads and easiest for the wires. My OH did suggest a pouch for round my neck so my unit does not fall down the loo :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:
:teddy-bear: :bear-dancing:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia