[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Aids/meds to help sleep

Aids/meds to help sleep

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Aids/meds to help sleep

Postby redhead77 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:05 pm

Hi all.

Happy new year to you all.

I'm after some advice. I have been a fibro fighter for 5 years. However, the last year has really hit me with lack of sleep. At the moment im on 200 mg pregabalin twice a day. 600mg ibuprofen 3 times a day. 100mg tramadol 3 times a day and 20mg amyltriptaline at night. Even with all that on board im only getting between 3 and 5 hours of unbroken sleep a night. I'm going to make an appointment to see my gp next week but if I could go armed with some ideas then it would help. Gentle hugs to u all xx
redhead77
UKFM Newbie

Re: Aids/meds to help sleep

Postby cozza50 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi i have to take phenagan eg travel sick hay fever tablets as they make me sleep as i have tryed a few things and nothing worked but i fine these work a treat for me but every ones diffrent
hope u find something that works
cozza50
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:34 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi! I would ask your Dr to refer you for a sleep study.

I had one done and was found to have sleep apnea. Apparently, it is common with fibro patients. I was sleeping maybe 10 minutes at the most in an hour. I stop breathing quite a bit and that interupts sleep. I have a CPAP and sleep a lot better. I actually sleep longer periods now. No where what is needed but better. You may not have sleep apnea but a sleep clinic may be able to help you.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Smurfy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi and happy new year! I too suffer terribly with lack of sleep. I occasionally take Zopiclone, its very strong but works and seems to break the insomnia cycle.

Good luck x :sleep:
Smurfy
UKFM Member

Postby pwinstanley » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:11 am

Hi. I agree with earlier comments about sleep apnoea. It's not about the amount of sleep you're getting but the quality. Sleep apnoea (or obstructive breathing) is common with Fibro sufferers. I had a sleep study done which confirmed this. I now have a CPAP mask connected to a silent running machine (older ones used to be noisy). It's not an issue and, guess what, I'm no longer a zombie. Worth looking at... :)
pwinstanley
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication