[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from a newbie

Hello from a newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from a newbie

Postby Faemoon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:13 pm

Hello,
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia at the end of last year, I have proabably had fibro for about 2years, and in some ways the diagnoses was a relief, as at least I now know what is wrong, I was begining to think I was losing the plot :-D

The parts I find most difficult are the tiredness, I can be fine one minute and so tired the next, and not being able to do everything I used to, I used to be very active and now just don't have the energy, the pain can really take it out of me too.

I have a great supportive partner which really helps, and a good Dr who doesn't think it's all in my mind.

At the moment I do work full time, but this is getting to be too much for me, so will be trying to move to part-time work later this year.

so Hello all.

Fae
Faemoon
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from a newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:07 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Fae :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

The fatigue seems to batter most of us, so you're in good company on here :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: Same with the frustrations about how we can't do the things we enjoyed previously at the same rate that we did previously. It is still possible to do things and have some fun along the way tho, so try and keep hold of that thought as you find your way thru to what will make a difference to you.

You'll find lots of info and advice across the boards, so have a bit of a looky and a read as you find your way around the place. Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Hello from a newbie

Postby denys » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello