[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Lyrica...anyone on it?

Lyrica...anyone on it?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lyrica...anyone on it?

Postby silvermaneuk » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:27 pm

Thought i would share my experience of this drug and see what anyone else has experienced good or bad.

After a rally bad 6 months an getting diagnosed with Fibro I have been put on 150mg's Daily of Lyrica last wednesday. So been on it nearly 6 days.

My GP told me that I might feel trollied for the first week and that would get better as my body got used to it.

He wasn't wrong, I was high for about 4 days and now as time elaspes this is getting better. I am able to think quite clearly. I have been working from home and found I was able to follow instructions fine, and was able to do work related research efficiently. I was just knackered....although a flare will do that to me too, so how much of the 'knackered' feeling was down to the flare or the Lyrica....but I definitely felt 'high'.

I feel slightly on edge and a bit wired. I have been suffering from anxiety, and this is still there.

I always experience VERY very vivid and unusual dreams, and have had bad dreams. This hasn't changed, but I did have a really terrible nightmare one night which left me shook up. I do seem to be sleeping better. i usually suffer with multiple awakenings and this has lessened

It has reduced my neuropathy pain, which was blooming AWFUL! So thats a positive. I am still sore in my joints and feel stiff. I have always had balance problems and would find that quite normal to this being worse during a flare, so I have had cases of there wobbles, but that can be normal for a flare, so dunno if its the Lyrica.

Have a strange odour when I pee, and this has only been since i started the Lyrica.

I do feel a little bit odd, but functional, if that make sense.

Had a slight dull headache on occasion, and a neck ache (which I get anyway)...kinda weird pressure in my face and head.

Really aware of things like even the edge of my teeth!

My IBS is better....which is weird...but its definitely better.

I managed to do some washing each day, and I went out for a little fresh air yesterday. Was shattered afterwards, but then I am flaring.

When I flare many of the symptoms of that flare, can be also attributed to side effects of the drug lol.

Just wondered what everyones experiences were.

I have heard if I were to stop this drug that I must do so very slowly as withdrawal is meant to be awful.
silvermaneuk
UKFM Member

Re: Lyrica...anyone on it?

Postby mauriziodel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:59 pm

I suffer from Sjogren Syndrome Fibromyalgia and have osteoarthritis in both hips,Knees and shoulders.Im on pregabalin (lyrica)150mg two hours before bed time, after been on other medications. I sllep better but i have a feeling that its not strong enough infact i'm started to have restless night again.Lucky I'm due to attend an asseement at the chronic pain & Fatigue Clinic at the local hospital..I hope they will sort me out. Been given a delf propelled wheelchairs to help me with daily activities as many days of the week cant walk at all.been off work for a year already..I have many tablets to take daily as..Simvastatin, Perindopril, Celocoxib, lonsaprazole,Aspirin as I suffered from a Lacunar Infarct, Amoxicillin as I have no spleen, Meberine for IBS.Pregabalin,duloxetine.HI-LO forte eydrops, naseptin and simple eye ointment and Salivix, and durapath toothpaste 5000 FOR MY SJOGREN.Plus I also have transmandibolar syndrome.

Yes I must agree the urine have a bad smell and my IBS is getting worst.specialy this and last week.Hope they will sort me out as this make me suffer from depression and anxiety and be seeing by a Psyachiatrist..
mauriziodel
UKFM Newbie

Postby Kalev » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi I'm on Lyrica which is Pregabalin and was prescribed 1 x 75mg a day which worked well at first then as time went on the I got used to it & now after several months I take 3 x 75mg a day, 1 in the morning & 2 night. I must say this has really worked for me & I plan to stay on them as long as they work, I also take Naproxen 500mg which is an anti inflammatory which was prescribed for the Arthritis I have & I must say the pain I feel in all my joints & limbs has been greatly improved & it has helped with my sleeping which apart from the last couple of nights has been much improved. I still feel Knackered some days but now have good day more & more & can do much more as to the other symptoms you described I've had none of them.
Kalev
UKFM Member

Postby daddyvic » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:19 pm

I have been on lyrica for 6 months, it has helped but I have a review tomorrow as since taking this I seem to have started getting severe headaches.
daddyvic
UKFM Member

Postby lilissa1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:43 pm

I am on lyrica 75mg once in the morning and one before bed I am sleeping better but I am also on 10mg of amytriptoline which I have beenmon for about 18 months which helps wih the sleep and the blocking of the nerve pain. I wanted a low dose as I have a little one who wakes of a night so I cant be to drugged up lol :sleep:
lilissa1
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:59 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby silvermaneuk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:56 am

Thank you for your input guys, really appreciate it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
silvermaneuk
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:34 am

My GP started me on 50mg Lyrica and then doubled after 3 weeks. That's when the fun really began. Although it helped with what i call my 'long pain' that runs down my limbs it also made me incontinent of urine and the IBS was worse. In fact i was wetting myself so bad i even went to the GP's because i thought i had cystitis. I didn't. !0 days after stopping the Lyrica slowly (i had been on it for 6 weeks) everything was back to normal.

One of the rarer side effects of Lyrica is incontinence. That would be me then.

Nothing i try helps. Although i have managed to get my body to accept co-codamol 30/500mg and naproxen, which kinda helps.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby silvermaneuk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:18 pm

Wow. I have to say my IBS has improved. Much improved. It shows how variant the side effects can be!

Sorry you have had such a bad time with it. Xx

silvermaneuk
UKFM Member

Postby diaryroom » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:06 am

Hi there
I have just come off Lyrica as I was putting too much weight on with it. Apparently it can slow down your metabalism and it didn't matter how healthy I ate, I couldn't lose any weight. Don't know what else I can try as really sensitive to painkillers and Lyrica was the only thing that seemed to help.
diaryroom
UKFM Member

Postby Chelle_39 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:19 am

I too take Lyrica and find it to be the most useful med I have taken... (Shame I left it at home yesterday when I went off to work 150 miles away - not a good move at all!! NHS direct calling me back shortly to see if they can get me an emergency supply)

I am on 150mg, one in a morning one at night. It just seems to calm everything down for me. It doesn't take away the pain completely by any means but it does reduce it. Have to say the 1 stone weight gain is not nice at all... but I suppose I'd rather put up with a few more pounds and be active than go back to where I was at before it.
*When the world says give up... Hope Whispers try it one more time*
Chelle_39
UKFM Newbie

Postby silvermaneuk » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Yeah I am worried about weight gain as I have hypothyroidism as well and have enough trouble trying to lose weight. My GP said its a bit like steroids, in that bit makes you more hungry and so if I don't eat rubbish, I should be OK. So we will see!

silvermaneuk
UKFM Member

Postby Chelle_39 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:17 pm

It does make you hungry, for sure! I have to be very careful as I have always been a grazer and find it very hard to eat a proper meal. So this added constant hunger hasn't helped! But I drink lots of water now as the first port of call and make sure I have plenty of things in like carrots, celery, fruit etc to snack on.

I do think though there is only so much I can do... I do believe this drug makes me gain weight without even trying! :scream-1:
*When the world says give up... Hope Whispers try it one more time*
Chelle_39
UKFM Newbie

Postby HazelB » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:53 pm

I've been on lyrica for several years ...i am on top dose 600 mg daily, but it has made a huge difference. I'm still in pain, but it helps with a lot of the neuropathic pain and also I used to feel as if someone was drilling into my bones. Weight gain was a problem, however I managed to lose 2 stones (then put most of it back on again). I'm just about to start increasing my exercise regime to help me try and start losing it again xxx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby annet » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:46 pm

Is anyone taking it three times a day? I have it morning and evening but by 5.00pm I begin to hurt a lot and wondered whether a lunch time does would be good? What have you lot found?
annet
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Treatments & Medication