[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from a new member

Hello from a new member

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from a new member

Postby jacqui58 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi everyone
I am 56 ,married with 4 children and 2 grandchildren.I was in the health profession years ago and have had various jobs since.
I live near Plymouth but originally from the West Mids,we have lived down south 20 odd years and really love where we live,we are so fortunate being close to the moors and the sea :-) .

I was told by my gp this week I had FM but according to my notes was diagnosed in 1993! :cry: No one told me and it was a shock to hear this..now I understand why I have been feeling like I have and that it's not due to anything else. At the moment I am still coming to terms with this but am trying hard to believe it's not real. :cry:
Thank you all for this forum my gp told me to look around and gain as much info as I can and I believe this is the right place to start.I look forward to chatting with you all.
jacqui58
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from a new member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:24 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Jacqui :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

No wonder you were :shock: :shock: :shock: when you were told how long ago FM had been dx'd, but you hadn't been made aware/told about it :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Under the best of circumstances it takes time to get used to having FM, when anything extra is added into the mix tho, such as your little discovery, things can take a little longer. If you can take each day as it comes, and find the best ways for you to deal with things, it will hopefully help make this first part of your FibroQuest a little smoother for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Anything you're wondering about, all you need to do is ask, and we'll try and help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Hi Jacqui :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: I hope we can offer you the support you need when you need it :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby debsmith » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Hia

Poor u that's flippin terrible all that time in ur notes + no 1 told u bless u, its quite a shock when u 1st find out then relief knowing it has a label if u know what I mean

Lucky u living by moors+sea jelous I am I used to keep a dartmoor pony years ago I miss her soooooooo much!! On here there is great people who will always b here 4u every 1 is so kind + lovely glad I found this site!! Xxx :welcome: :hugs:
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby jacqui58 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi, Just want to thank you for the lovely welcome :-)
jacqui58
UKFM Newbie

Postby crystalkaz » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:58 am

:welcome: jacqui58 to a lovely friendly forum
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello